Head - Data Engineering - eCommerce (10-16 yrs)
Data Engineering Head - eCommerce
Role : Head of Data Platform
Tech Stack : Apache, kafka, Hadoop, scala etc
Location : BENGALURU, Karnataka, India
Founded in 2015
Our Team :
- Founded in 2015 with the sole purpose to make healthcare easily available, accessible and affordable to all through the extensive use of new-age cutting-edge technology. Today, we are one of India's largest healthcare aggregators connecting lakhs of patients to licensed pharmacies & diagnostic centre's online for all their medical needs. We are particularly catering to the chronic-care segment, and offer a range of services including medicine delivery, tele-consultation, sample collection for diagnostic tests as well as subscription-based services for all these categories.
- Our highly efficient and technology led Consumer and Supply-chain platforms ensure that medicines are delivered from a licensed within six hours of the validation of prescriptions submitted by our customers. And such customer promises are improving with the increasing scale of our business, and continuous product innovation.
- Build and nurture high performing teams of skilled software engineers. Find and hire top talent for your team
- Work closely with your team providing continuous feedback to raise the bar
- Shape team goals by developing a deep understanding of our business processes and success criteria
- Develop and execute a long-term product roadmap and architecture while balancing short term commitments
- Work closely with the team to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to solve complex problems.
- Take the accountability of the overall health of the products you build, and predictability of the deliverables of your team
- Effectively partner with engineering, product and business stakeholders across the organization to co-define and deliver on own and team goals
- You shall lead, manage and hire a team of talented engineers.
- Collaborating with your team, you will craft a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that
- anticipates future needs while being pragmatic about whats needed today.
- You will have practical exposure of being a technical contributor and mentor for your team. While most of your focus will be on people management, youre not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do actual technical work when appropriate.
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering team.
What are we looking for ?
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related field from a college of repute
- 10 to 12 years of industry experience in software engineering with 2 years of experience of directly managing a team of software engineers
- Prior experience in established start-ups would be preferred
- Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
- Experience architecting systems on AWS platform a strong plus
- Be able to deal with ambiguity and independently drive, design, and implement large scale software solution
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical and non-technical teams