Head - Customer Success/Customer Experience/Customer Excellence - EdTech (15-25 yrs)
An exciting opportunity exists for a Head of Customer Success to join the newly established EdTech venture leading its ambitious vision to develop personalised career centric learning.
Within our business model, customers pay us over time via a subscription model and retaining them is intrinsically dependent on them being satisfied, achieving successful outcomes, and receiving value from our services. Helping them achieve both immediate and long-term success in their learning and careers is of vital importance both to the fulfilment of our mission and in our long-term success. As such, as the Head of Customer Success you will be responsible for delivering customer support activities, driving interventions that maximise successful customer outcomes (learning attainment, job placement, subscription renewals, etc.) and help to shape an exhilarating customer experience for all of our users.
- During our initial launch phase, you will take the lead in designing and implementing a world-class, digital customer service excellence operation that befits a cutting-edge EdTech start-up and puts customer success at the heart of everything we do.
- Post-launch, you will be responsible for providing end-to-end success and support services to all platform users. This will include setting up onboarding processes, FAQs, automated messaging and knowledge base; delivering a support tickets response system; using user data and analytics to design proactive digital interventions that will maximise customers- engagement, learning and career outcomes; and designing feedback loops that drive continuous excitement in the user experience.
- The ideal candidate will possess superb project management, multi-tasking, and time management skills and an understanding of how to manage competing priorities across multiple stakeholders in a complex environment. Customer success services delivery expertise in India and Asia, preferably within a SaaS or subscription enterprise. Experience working with a UK-based company will be advantageous in our context.
- It is highly desirable if you come from the technology industry, ideally in EdTech, and possess a strong pedigree of Tier-I education and professional background, as well as having a sound understanding of the education sector regulatory landscape and how these shape the support services we deliver.
- This role will develop and bring very exciting personal, professional growth opportunities as the new global venture and products takes shape and makes its impact in the world.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
Customer service and support
- Design a highly scalable and cost-effective digital customer service operation that provides a personalised experience and drives customer satisfaction and platform adoption
- Be hands on in delivering direct and automated success activities including onboarding, customer support and customer success coaching
- Respond to user and learner queries within sector leading SLAs, acting as first point of contact for issue resolution and complaints handling
- Develop personalised communications, FAQs banks and self-service knowledge bases
Mentorship and customer success
- Map the customer journey to develop effective touch points and listening points, and design interventions that maximise success
- Work effectively with academics, mentors and coaches to deliver a joined up end-to-end customer experience
- Build and manage a team of in-house and freelance career success coaches and mentors
- Use data and learner analytics to understand user trends, predict drop-out to maximise users- learning and career success and drive customer lifetime value by increasing subscription renewal rates and reducing churn
- Drive ways for the user and learner communities to self-success, setting up peer and mentoring success mechanisms
Deliver an exhilarating customer experience
- Provide a success framework that educates the customer to understand the best ways to utilise the platform, so customers are encouraged to continue using it over the long term
- Foster a company-wide culture of Customer Success and create a company-wide customer feedback loop working across teams in R&D, UX and Product.
- Work effectively with developers and stakeholders across the organisation to convert customer feedback and insights from user analytics and testing to drive continuous innovation for a leading-edge customer experience
- Implement innovative systems and technologies to achieve scalability, automation, immediacy and a high sense of personalisation across the services
- Deliver services that are world class and learn from best practices across K12, higher education, EdTech as well as sectors such as gaming, Fin tech, mobile fitness apps amongst others
- Define operational metrics for the services and establish systems for tracking those metrics and reporting insights to the senior management and executive teams
- Ensure all services align with the requirements of regulators and delivery partners, including universities
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the role in line with emerging business needs
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience :
- Relevant undergraduate and ideally postgraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- 10+ years of experience of customer-facing operations, at least five years in a management role
- Experience of working in an EdTech, SaaS or subscription enterprise is desirable
- Proven experience in personally designing scalable customer success strategies and processes, and proven ability to translate them into initiatives and successful delivery
- Willingness to be hands on with a - roll up sleeves- attitude to get things done
- Familiarity with the latest customer success software as a service and platform as a service technology trends and best practices
- Ability to manage influence though persuasion, negotiation and consensus building
- Strong empathy for customers, ethos of regulatory compliance and quality and a passion for business growth
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset - you are decisive, your strategies are clear and successful, and you can confidently back up customer views with data and insights
- Understanding of the higher education regulatory landscape and the need to maintain the highest quality and standards in education
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Able to collaborate across the organization and with external stakeholders, and to communicate clearly and effectively both sideways and upwards and collaborate closely with senior (C-level) executives
- Proven ability to manage across cultures, lines of business and geographies
- Professional demeanour including the ability to maintain absolute confidentiality, handle sensitive information, demonstrate tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent operational skills that will drive organisational efficiencies and customer success.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.