Recruiter at iCresset Talent Solutions
Views:4592 Applications:59 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:45
Head - CS & Legal - Manufacturing (15-25 yrs)
This individual will be Heading Secretarial and Legal Department while handling commercial litigations and working closely with Senior Advocates / Counsels for those litigations
- Job Title: Head - Company Secretary & Legal
Education Required: Qualified CS from ICSI with preferred qualification in law
Experience Required: 15-17 years or relevant experience in listed companies
- Reports to: Joint MD and Chairman & MD
- Linguistic skills: Knowledge of Telugu will be an added advantage, though cultural diversity is sought
Working Conditions: Primarily Head Office, corporate set up. However, it may require extensive travel to various parts of the country on need basis
Major Job Responsibilities:
Secretarial Responsibilities -
- To ensure compliance of the provisions of Companies Law and rules made there-under and other statutes and bye-laws of the company.
- To ensure that business of the company is conducted in accordance with its objects as contained in its memorandum of association.
- To ensure that affairs of the company are managed in accordance with its objects contained in the articles of association and the provisions of the Companies Law.
- To prepare the agenda in consultation with the Chairman and the other documents for all the meetings of the board of directors.
- To arrange with and to call and hold meetings of the board and to prepare a correct record of proceedings.
- To attend the broad meetings in order to ensure that the legal requirements are fulfilled, and provide such information as are necessary.
- To prepare, in consultation with the chairman, the agenda and other documents for the general meetings.
- To arrange with the consultation of chairman the annual and extraordinary general meetings of the company and to attend such meetings in order to ensure compliance with the legal requirements and to make correct record thereof.
- To carry out all matters concerned with the allotment of shares, and issuance of share certificates including maintenance of statutory Share Register and conducting the appropriate activities connected with share transfers.
- To prepare, approve, sign and seal agreements leases, legal forms, and other official documents on the company's behalf, when authorised by the broad of the directors or the executive responsible.
- To advise, in conjunctions with the company's solicitors, the chief executive or other executive, in respect of the legal matters, as required.
- To engage legal advisors and defend the rights of the company in Courts of Law.
- To have custody of the seal of the company.
- Filling of various documents/returns as required under the provisions of the Companies Law.
- Proper maintenance of books and registers of the company as required under the provisions of the Companies Law.
- To see whether legal requirements of the allotment, issuance and transfer of share certificates, mortgages and charges, have been complied with.
- To convene/arrange the meetings of directors, on their advise.
- To issue notice and agenda of board meetings to every director of the company.
- To carry on correspondence with the directors of the company on various matters.
- To record the minutes of the proceedings of the meetings of the directors.
- To implement the policies formulated by the directors.
- To deal with all correspondence between the company and the shareholders.
- To issues notice and agenda of the general meetings to the shareholders.
- To keep the record of the proceedings of all general meetings.
- To make arrangement for the payment of the dividend within prescribed period as provided under the provisions of the Companies Law.
Statutory Obligations: To maintain the following Book of Records:
- Register of transfer of shares;
- Register of buy-backed shares by a company;
- Register of mortgages, charges etc.;
- Register of members and index thereof;
- Register of debenture-holders;
- Register of directors and other officers;
- Register of contracts;
- Register of directors' shareholdings and debentures;
- Register of local members, directors and officers, in case of a foreign company;
- Minute books
- Proxy register
- Register of beneficial ownership
- Register of deposits
- Register of director's share holding
- Register of contracts, arrangements and appointments in which directors etc are interested
Other Miscellaneous Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that statutory forms are filed promptly.
- Providing members and auditors with notice of meeting.
- Filing of copy of special resolutions on prescribed form within the specified time period.
- Supplying a copy of the accounts to every member of the company, every debenture holder and every person who is entitled to receive notice of general meetings. You must send annual audited accounts.
- Keeping or arranging for the having of minutes of directors' meetings and general meetings. Apart from monitoring the Directors and Members minutes books, copies of the minutes of board meetings should also be provided to every director.
- Ensuring that people entitled to do so, can inspect company records. For example, members of the company are entitled to a copy of the company's register of members, and to inspect the minutes of its general meetings and to have copies of these minutes.
- Custody and use of the common seal, Companies are required to have a common seal and the secretary is usually responsible for its custody and use.
- Strategy Formulation & Implementation
- Dealing with PEs, Valuations & Due Diligence
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Secretarial & Legal Matters
- Tax Compliance & Planning- Direct & Indirect taxes
- MIS, Costing & Budgeting Expertise
- Expertise with all commodity and tax implications
- Excellent interpersonal and communicating skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership and supervisory abilities
- Time management
- Planning organizing and coordination skills
- Problem solving
- Team Work and Stakeholder Management
- Influencing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- People Management
- Eye for detail
- Conscientious & High Quality Orientation
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.