Vice President/Partner at Perfect Placer Management Consulting
Views:441 Applications:99 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Head - Corporate Communications - Manufacturing (15-20 yrs)
Head Corporate Communications
- The HCC is responsible for the strategic planning and programming related to communications, external relations, and stakeholder engagement. The role requires a strong focus on strategies to increase visibility and influence, and to support the achievement of operational goals. Effective relationship-building, strategic communications and partnerships are key demands in this role as the HCC interfaces with diverse internal and external stakeholders. Also responsible for corporate social responsibility and outreach programmes, website, media relations and publications.
The job will require the HCC to:
- Design and implement strategic communication initiatives that include print and radio media, digital and social media channels and niche communications to increase the visibility and understanding of the institution's vision and purpose.
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to secure coverage surrounding the programmes, special events, public announcements and other projects.
- Proactively identify opportunities for engagement and influence by being current with developments that relate to all key stakeholders and partners.
- Anticipate reputational risk issues and develop and implement appropriate communication actions.
- Lead on the development, implementation and monitoring of the brand guidelines.
- Work with senior management and department staff to determine the areas where the institution can impact the regional and international dialogue on development issues through the development and publication of materials, and participation in selected public speaking events.
- Manage the external surveys that evaluate the attitudes, opinions and aspirations of the stakeholders and partners.
- Review the governance standards and operational protocols for the sign-off on all corporate communications emanating from the institution, to ensure that quality assurance is maintained, and brand guidelines are adhered to.
- Develop a calendar for external speaking engagements for key personnel, and assist in the preparation of speeches for senior executives.
- Champion communications throughout the institution to ensure that communication considerations form an integral part of policy-making, project designs, visits and tours by the senior management.
- Work with management to develop internal communications programmes and processes required to support organisational change and employee engagement initiatives.
- Develop and/or conduct media and communications training for staff, and assist in the development of 'brown bag' educational programmes.
- Build a communications team that can 'take charge' of key deliverables.
Qualification And Experience:
1. Degree from an accredited university in Communications, Public Affairs, Marketing, Journalism or other related field.
2. Significant management experience in mass communications and/or public relations within a matrix, collaborative environment with at least 15 years at a management level.
3. Exceptional research, writing, editing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Strong diplomatic and persuasive skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to manage reputational risk.
6. A successful track record of managing new media and digital channels, including website development.
7. Proven record of forging strong and effective relationships within the media environment and with internal stakeholders.
8. Sensitivity to the regional, national and multicultural environments in which the institution operates.
9. Ability to develop strategies, plans and programmes to address complex corporate issues, recognizing complexity and uncertainty, and to evaluate the impact of those strategies.
10. Ability to lead others in assuring existing or new, upcoming communication tools and media channels are fully leveraged to assure proper communication.
11. Ability to rewrite or edit complex communications products for purposeful structure, clarity of ideas, and the logical persuasive presentation of content.
12. Ability to grasp complex technical concepts for effective communication.
13. Ability to manage multiple, high level and visible projects.
14. Adept at establishing rapport with diverse internal and external partners.
An outstanding remuneration package that rewards professionalism and diligence will be on offer for the successful applicant as well as a well-defined career path. An excellent package will be on offer for the right candidate, including an above industry base salary for the right person as well as the most complete employee benefit scheme. Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the market leader
Contact Person Name, Address & Nos.:
Mobile : 9873663105
Offices: Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore & Mumbai