Consultant at Go Consulting
Views:653 Applications:92 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Head - Corporate Affairs - Courier/Logistics Firm - CS (9-15 yrs)
Job Title: Head Company Secretary
- Lead the Corporate Affairs team by ensuring total compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for driving compliance with respect to provisions of Companies Act and rules made there-under and other statutes and bye-laws of the company
- To provide a vital link between the Company and its Board of Directors, shareholders, government and regulatory authorities and all other stakeholders.
- To ensure that all relevant provisions of corporate law are complied with, best practice corporate governance and related procedures are adopted and implemented and to provide regular reporting on all such matters to relevant stakeholders.
- Advice, guide, support and assist senior management of the Company (Board, Board Committees, independent directors etc) in all secretarial, Board and matters related to investors- grievances and in dealing with regulators and external stakeholders including share issuance, dividend payouts etc.
- Advising on governance practices and compliance of Corporate Governance norms as prescribed under the Companies Act, Listing Agreement (if required at any point in future) and various other laws, rules and regulations
- Conducting Board Meetings & Shareholders Meetings and preparation of Agenda, Notices and Minutes of Board Meeting and Shareholder's Meeting etc
- Share the agenda for all the meetings with the board of directors/ Committee/ shareholder meetings with stakeholders
- Drafting/review and vetting of Memorandum of Understandings, Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Companies etc
- Ensure that business of the company is conducted in accordance with its objects as contained in its memorandum of association, the articles of association and the provisions of the Companies Act, SEBI, and Rules and Regulations there under
- Advise in conjunction with the company's solicitors, the chief executive or other executives, with respect to corporate legal matters as and when required
- Responsible for engaging with legal advisors and defending the rights of the company in courts of law
- Advice companies on various restructuring including mergers, liquidation, demerger, sale, hive offs and also on various other corporate actions like share split, bonus, buyback and so on from time to time
- Handling various special projects & Compliance for the same as and when required