Delivery Manager at Xpert Conexions
Views:463 Applications:112 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:63
Head - Compliance - IT/ITeS/Telecom - LLB/LLM (15-25 yrs)
Role requires strong working relationships with leaders in the business and functions (Legal & Compliance, Finance, HR and others) in the Market, Market Units and the countries in the Market. The Role also requires extensive collaboration and coordination with other members of the global Ethics & Compliance team.
The Role is responsible for the design and implementation of the compliance program and plan for the India Market, aligned to the global compliance program and strategies. The Role is accountable for promoting and monitoring world-class compliance practices and to embed a culture of ethics and integrity throughout the Market.
Major Responsibilities :
- Deploy Company global compliance program throughout the perimeter by ensuring that E&C global policies, processes and tools are effectively communicated to the appropriate employee groups.
- Conduct and support compliance risk assessments in the perimeter.
- Design and implement localized compliance programs in individual countries and entities within the perimeter as needed.
- Lead periodic Regional Compliance Committees with senior management teams in the Market and Market Units to drive management understanding and accountability of compliance risks.
- Gather, synthesize and report key compliance data to business leaders and the Head of Ethics & Compliance, Customer Operations.
- Collaborate with HR, Finance, Procurement and other subject matter-focused 2nd line functions on program design, implementation and support.
- Be a Trusted Business Partner: deliver effective compliance counsel and advice to leaders and employees across the Market. Act as the primary contact point and internal expert with respect to compliance matters, including those involving or requiring engagement with external authorities.
- Build strong, effective relationships with key business, functional and E&C leaders and employees to drive awareness and accountability for compliance issues programs.
- Conduct and/or cascade targeted training on compliance-related topics, latest policies and/or procedures to high-risk managers and employees.
- Promote and support a robust open reporting culture, including by supporting the Ombuds program and personnel within the Market.
- Identify compliance matters that require follow-up or investigation, and, as appropriate, conduct or support investigations (in conjunction with the Ethics & Compliance Investigations team), or otherwise refer issues to the appropriate internal investigating body.
- Convene and lead the disciplinary processes in appropriate cases involving substantiated Ethics & Compliance violations. Adapt and support the global framework as appropriate where needed due to local labour laws.
- Monitor the installation and effectiveness of compliance controls and programs in the Market, including through the use of Compliance Control Frameworks reviews, risk assessment analysis, review of internal audit findings and other monitoring activities. Develop and lead remediation activities as needed.
- Drive a culture of integrity, compliance and accountability from the top leaders in the organization through to all employees.
- Support compliance due diligence and approvals activities (e.g., third party screening, gifts/hospitality approvals; sponsorships & donations approvals) as needed.
Preferred Background :
- Preferable Bachelors /Masters degree in Law from recognized university.
- Candidates with relevant professional experience beyond the minimum requirements will be strongly preferred.
- Legal experience strongly preferred, with minimum 15 years in-house or law firm experience, including :
a. Work in a prosecutor or regulatory agency/office with jurisdiction over corporate criminal/regulatory matters.
b. Relevant work in an in-house legal department or at a major international or regional law firm, representing corporate clients in investigative, criminal or regulatory matters.
- Relevant accounting and/or audit experience (in-house or external), including work designing, auditing and implementing anti-fraud/corruption/money-laundering controls.
- Experience in a large multinational company with a matrix organization.
- Experience conducting and leading internal investigations
- Experience conducing disciplinary committees or panels, or otherwise supporting disciplinary processes
- Experience writing and deploying compliance policies and/or Codes of Conduct
- Experience designing, deploying, analysing, and/or using compliance risk assessments.
- Proven project management skills
- Strong commercial experience and skill set
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: clear communicator who can write and speak simply and effectively
- Able to operate effectively in complex organisational and regulatory environments
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with others in addressing complex issues
- Able to work independently, including ability to identify, plan and execute own priorities
- Adept at solving complex, business critical problems in a calm manner and with sound business judgment.
- Strong networker, internally and externally.
- Able to work well with ambiguity
- A team player with a strong ethos of collegiality and mutual respect.
Minimum Requirements :
- Strong written and verbal skills in English
- Minimum professional experience of 15+ years with 5 years of relevant compliance experience.
- Professional certification or qualification in Law, Accounting and/or Audit.
- Experience and understanding of compliance issues confronting the industry.
- Strong knowledge of key anti-bribery legislation including the FCPA, UK Bribery Act and other applicable national and international legislation.
- Experience conducting, analysing and/or making decisions and recommendations based on compliance due diligence