Owner at Career Advantage Human Resources & Services
Views:1102 Applications:148 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:80
Head - Company Secretary - Manufacturing (12-20 yrs)
Company Secretary. Company Secretary will also act as the company secretary, preparing minutes for all Board and committee meetings and managing board and committee governance matters. is responsible for providing accurate and timely legal counsel and responsibility for a wide range of corporate, commercial, legal matters and undertake the corporate administrative functions, listed below.
- They will work closely with the executive and senior leadership teams, gaining exposure to business operations and strategy development, business planning and execution, and corporate governance issues
- The position is responsible for developing a legal and compliance strategy and spearheading mergers and takeovers.
- Responsible for implementation of simplified, uniform process for company secretarial matters across the businesses, implementation and monitoring of the Companies Act 2013 and other related statutes, development of checklist and strategic policy level guidelines for compliance, board management and corporate training for board and leaders, advisory and solution based services to complex secretarial transactions and issues, risk management at board level in legal, secretarial and compliance..
SECTION III: DO - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
1)To support the Organization in developing finance organization strategy around corporate finance, finance operations and risk management
2) To implement all strategic decision of the Board
3) Ensure compliance with best Corporate Governance Practices including risk identification and mitigation
4) Strategic partner to the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer and translate the overall corporate strategy into financial and business plans and projections
5) Manage relationships and all issues relating to the Board of Directors and Shareholders, including convening Board, Committee and General Meetings
6) Resource Allocation
Internal Process/ Operations 1)Review agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure Company's legal rights are protected
2) Provide guidance on the legal implications of Company's strategy and execution and legal risks of business operations
3) Prepare monthly Board meeting agendas and meeting minutes
4) Prepare Board meeting papers pertaining to governance matters
5) Ensure compliance with corporate regulatory matters
6) Undertake the company secretarial and records management function
7) Litigation management and managing Legal SOP and ensuring listing compliance with Stock Exchanges and SEBI
8) Filing of Statutory Returns (Secretariat related);
9) Render all regulatory secretarial returns.
55 Learning and Development 1. To keep abreast of all current developments in business and functional aspects and knowledge transfer to the team
2. To groom the team and develop successor.
3. To upgrade the skills of the team by providing learning opportunities.
4. To educate the cross- functional teams on certain key topics relevant to the business
Qualification and technical skills required to execute the role.
- Successful candidate should be a Company Secretary with between 15 to 20 years of experience most of which will be ideally coming in from manufacturing intensive organizations (preferably automotive industry).
- Previous working experience as Head Company Secretary for at least 5 years
- Strong knowledge of Legal services and Risk Management;
- Policy Development, Regulatory Compliance, Contract Negotiations Skills;
- Good Drafting Skills
- Acumen in setting up Regulatory Compliances, Enterprise Risk mitigation plan and implementation of Corporate Ethics of the company
- Should have Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Should have Leadership Skills
- Should have Eye for details.
- Should have the Negotiating skills
- Should have assertive
- Should Handle conflicts Delegation Team Building Analytical skills People management skills Presentation skills Communication skills Networking skills
- Should have excellent time-management and organizational skills