Senior Associate Consultant at Exponent Consulting
Views:1846 Applications:165 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Head - Commercials & Operation - FinTech (12-15 yrs)
Head - Commercials & Operation - with a Technology + FinTech Company
The company has built 3 global businesses, each of which are technology-based and cater to different, sharply focused vertical markets.
Job Profile :
- Establish and implement business operation systems and processes that will lead to world-class governance.
- Define the long term business model for the organization, be able to explain it to various stakeholders and develop metrics to guide decision making.
- Comprehend the unique market landscape of each of the group's businesses (specifically, how does each business make money) and overall group direction, in order to guide objective and data driven decision making among the business unit and group leadership teams.
- Drive unit economics, review/update pricing models for each of the businesses from the point of view of market share AND profitability, and enforce delegation-of-authority in this regard.
- Manage group treasury operations including investment of surplus funds.
- Support businesses on large/complex deal negotiations.
- Develop reporting processes, so that the business unit and group leadership can access updated financial/business information on a scheduled as well as real time basis.
- Oversee the Annual Operating Plan process at business unit and group level and monitor budget vs. actual variances on a monthly basis with clear action plan for improvements.
- Monitor productivity of operating and support functions (Legal, HR, Admin, IT etc.) to ensure achievement of SOPs, service level commitments (SLAs) and deliverables.
- Define and execute policies and processes that protect the organization from various financial, regulatory, legal and business risks.
- Develop long term and annual investment/ capex plans based on the needs of each business unit as well as of group level functions.
- Execute strategic projects as defined by Chairman & MD, which have a long term impact on business performance.
- CA (1st attempt) and/or MBA Finance & Operations with 12-15 years post qualification experience
- Prior experience with at least one large company (turnover > INR 1000 crs), and at least one rapid growth company would be ideal. Exposure to corporate finance and M&A will be advantageous.
- Multi-jurisdictional experience (US & India at the minimum) in areas such as tax, compliance, reporting will be essential. Strong knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS.
- Prior experience working on modern IT systems is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to/ communicate with board members and senior leadership, and in future, with potential investors.
- Prior experience working with sales/ solutions teams in pricing and negotiating large, complex client/ partner engagements.
- Prior experience working with operating & administrative functions like HR, Admin, IT etc. to ensure operational efficiency.
- High order of analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to get into the details and take decisions based on data
- Excellent interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial, high energy and business savvy.