Principal Consultant at Unnati
Views:1733 Applications:28 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Head - Civil Construction Projects - Paper Manufacturing Plant (7-10 yrs)
Head of Projects (Civil Construction) - Paper Manufacturing Plant
Are you looking for a job that will give you work satisfaction, and provide exposure to a global manufacturing company.
Our client is a paper manufacturing firm with its HO in Gurgaon. Established 4 decades and produces paper & paper products. Its distribution network of 100+ dealers has a reach not only over the length and breadth of India but across the globe with a focus on demand markets and exporting their products to the SAARC countries, Africa and the Middle East. It is the largest paper mill production house of its kind and is among the top ten in paper production in India. It believes that the workspace plays a very major role in the productivity of an employee therefore the campus has a unique state-of- the- art infrastructure well equipped with the latest technology and sprawling over 100 acres.
As the Head of Projects (Civil Construction), you will drive the overall management of civil maintenance at the plant as per the requirement of production and to carry out predictive & preventive maintenance activity to ensure continuous production.
What you will do:
- Providing inputs for the maintenance strategy of the company in order to provide the best possible civil maintenance support in a prompt and cost effective manner to all user departments
-Leading the preventive civil maintenance schedules and share with the other maintenance teams & production team for execution of civil maintenance for all machines
- Formulating capital expenditure proposals for civil maintenance department & creating business case for investment
- Providing department budget estimations to enable budget preparation and finalization and ensuring adherence to the same
- Ensuring efficient planning and management of resources to optimize maintenance costs
- Formulating preventive civil maintenance schedule and sharing with other maintenance teams & the production team for execution of maintenance; Carrying out preventive maintenance to minimize down-time
- Providing inputs for the development of maintenance schedules and ensure adherence to the same. Maintaining database of Annual Maintenance Contracts for civil maintenance and ensuring regular updation.
- Leading action plan in cause of breakdown and ensuring the team attend to breakdowns in minimum time and taking corrective actions to support high productivity
- In case of breakdown, ensuring proper communication of action plan to all departments
- Ensuring smooth functioning of equipment in terms of risk control and precautionary maintenance through constant monitoring
- Ensuring minimal outages of the plant through regular conduct of preventive and predictive civil maintenance
- Ensuring effective spares management by working closely with the Head Stores. Minimizing sub stores within the department
- Monitoring data related to operation of plant and machinery to identify priority areas for civil maintenance
- Conducting regular audits to ensure proper functioning of machines to minimize unplanned maintenance
- Driving continued development/upgrading of civil maintenance procedures at KPML and participating in technical and administrative meetings on the same
- Overseeing contractor planning process & ensuring adherence
- Ensuring adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all civil maintenance processes
- Driving review of maintenance performance & variance analysis on a monthly basis
- Liaising with Head EHS to ensure all safety & regulatory requirements are adhered to & mitigating risks in case of non-compliance.
- Driving performance orientation through regular monitoring, reviewing of performance parameters and providing feedback to team members
- Contributing towards development of talent for the department by providing subordinates with adequate exposure and growth opportunities to enable readiness for higher roles
- Actively participating in HR initiatives to drive overall employee engagement and motivation
- Any other additional responsibility could be assigned to the role holder from time to time as a standalone project or regular work.
- Desired Qualification: BE/B.Tech (Civil)
- 7-10 years of industry experience with more than 3 years in a similar position
- Team Handling experience
- Managing team of at least 10 executives
- Knowledge of Construction related to plant expansion, office renovation, office expansion is a plus
- Ideal age around 35-40
- Good communication and people handling skills
- Decision making and problem solving skills