Founder/CEO at Smart Talent Consulting Services Private Limited
Views:483 Applications:138 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:32
Head/Chief Officer - Materials - Automotive (18-25 yrs)
The Client : Leading automotive components and precision-engineered products manufacturer HQ in South India.
The Role : Head of Materials / Chief Materials Officer
The location :
Based out of HQ in Coimbatore.
Purpose of the role :
- Oversee the organization's material management strategy, policies, initiatives etc and ensure it is in line with the business objectives.
- Reviewing and developing strategic suppliers in both domestic and overseas markets to meet the quality, cost, time and technology criteria.
- Contribute and improve supply chain efficiency, while managing multiple products and variants across multiple geographies.
Summary of expectations from the role :
- Leadership for the overall materials function with a spend value of about US $ 150 MN (INR 1000 crores)
- Develop, evolve and implement policies and initiatives with regards to sourcing, procurement, inventory management and logistics.
- Vendor identification and development with regards to key parameters like technology, quality, lead time, pricing etc according to material mgmt policy.
- Vendor optimization and rationalization w r to no of vendors, MOQ etc
- Contribute to the execution of the strategy by ensuring the material management function meets is tuned to meet the short-term and long term revenue and cost commitments.
- Minimize supply chain risk
- Supplier development - Ensure that the suppliers are tuned to the organization's expectation through leadership for training, audits, innovation etc from cost, quality and time perspective
- Drive the Customer focus team (CFT) to enhance the effectiveness of the materials function
- Leadership responsibilities for the materials and procurement function in terms of the employee life cycle.
Person for the role :
- Graduate / PG in Engineering - Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Mechanical with about 20 years of experience in materials and procurement function preferably in automobile tier 1 company.
- Leadership experience in the material mgmt function with good knowledge, insights, connections in procurement of multi-product, multi-variant products in sheet metals, die casting, turned products, plastic, rubber, proprietary products and consumables.
- Experience working with multi-geography vendors
- Strong Strategic sourcing experience with vendor identification to development and alternate vendor management in a global set up.
- Strong expertise in materials management, inventory, sourcing, logistics and commercial management
- Experience driving key initiatives for the function
Sounds like a fit ?
Please reach out to us. We will review your profile and revert to you based on the relative relevance of your profile, over the next 10 days.