Founder at Emploi Consultancy
Views:1828 Applications:105 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Head - Buying & Merchandising - Retail (10-15 yrs)
- Development of vendor base to support merchandise strategy.
- Negotiation with vendor/supplier, terms of sale, cost, payment terms & all other aspects of purchase.
- Establish and ensure attainment of financial goals for sales, inventory & income tied to the merchandise strategy.
- Coordinate buying opportunities/strategies along with PriceSmart Buying Team & current vendor/supplier sources to leverage buying power.
- Monitor competition to ensure best merchandise offerings and pricing.
- Development of seasonal merchandise programs.
- Coordinate with Logistics Team method of product delivery.
- Coordinate with IT Team item set-up, maintenance & transactions.
Minimum 10+ years retail buying experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Motivated to learn items, product categories and international logistics.
- Able to take direction and accomplish tasks with minimum supervision, accurately and meeting deadlines.
- Competent with math, i.e. gross margin, IMU, calculating discounts, etc.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience with AS400, Word & Excel.