Recruiter at Sapwood Ventures Pvt. Ltd.
Views:1763 Applications:87 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:87
Head - Business Development - Logistics (10-12 yrs)
Position Purpose Head of Business Development works to improve an organization's market position and achieve financial growth. This person builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. Head of Business Development work in a senior sales position within the company. It is their job to work with the internal team and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization. To achieve this, they need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. Head of Business Development will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. They call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their client's future needs. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the Head of business development manager's responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company's competitors.
Key Responsibilities /Tasks) - Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographical area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company's practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitch. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client-
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company's people and capabilities.
- Understand the company's goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company's performance.
- Responsible for ensuring profitability for each customer.
Skills & Qualifications Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism and Microsoft Office.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.