Director at North Star Consulting
Views:1037 Applications:201 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:144
Head - Business Development - Construction/Infrastructure Development Industry (10-15 yrs)
ONLY candidates who come with RMX (Ready Mix Concrete) and Admixture experience, someone who has handled PCE (Polycarboxylic Ether) for North India markets need apply.
RMX Admixture Sales experience is mandatory.
Head - Business Development
Function - Sales & BD
Reporting To - Top Management
Experience: Around 10 - 15 Years in Construction and Infrastructure Development.
Educational Pedigree: Engineer (Mechanical or Civil) from a recognized Institute. An MBA will add to the profile
Location - New Delhi
About the Role:
- The Head Business Development has the responsibility of leading business development for the company. The incumbent needs to do demand generation by leveraging his/her network in the construction and infrastructure development ecosystem and ensuring the delivery of material within the committed timeframe to customers. The position would be a strong No. 2 in the company and would report to the COO and the Business owner.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Leverage the network within the Indian construction/developers and infrastructure development ecosystem to build a business pipeline and ensure conversion and execution of sales orders.
- Build relationships with existing customers and develop new clients to grow the business of the company.
- Develop the budget for the year based on the expected growth of the business and plan/forecast on a monthly/quarterly basis taking into account existing and new clients.
- Develop strategies for resource planning and utilization keeping in mind growth objectives.
- Develop a framework and processes to ensure order fulfillment within committed time frames, thereby creating a positive name for the products and services.
- Foster and deepen relationships with clients and help develop and maintain the companys portfolio of clients.
- Analyze the industry of construction/developers, infrastructure building, and construction chemicals/additives to review existing trends and develop new strategies based on supply and demand.
- Drive a culture of innovation and efficiency to ensure processes are productive. Lead negotiations with clients relating to orders and set processes to ensure timely execution.
- Monitor and manage the performance of the business to optimize revenue for the company with a special focus on low revenue-generating markets like North India.
- Generate an MIS for regular reporting to the top management.
Desired Experience and Professional Attributes:
- Prospective candidate to possess 10-15 years of solid experience in the Construction/Developers industry in the private sector, Infrastructure development authorities and agencies of the Government sector, and RMC manufacturing companies.
- Candidate should be having a wide network across all user segments of construction chemicals and should have handled such operations and understand the complexities and challenges involved in construction/infra projects for building an effective lead generation with realistic timelines.
- Candidate should have an excellent track record in business development and demand generation and converting the same to orders with effective and timely execution.
- Candidate should have a good technical knowledge of construction materials and a good understanding of material costings of various elements including RMC and project timeframes so as to be effective in client negotiations.
- Candidate should have experience in handling government tendering processes for procurement of construction material.
- Highly oriented towards forging and maintaining customer relationships.
Education Qualification and Other Attributes:
- Bachelor in Engineering (Mechanical or Civil). An MBA degree will be added to the profile.
- The candidate should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sales and relationship orientation with an eye on business conversion and results.
- Smart and presentable to conduct complex negotiations and be able to leverage on strengths.
Requirement : "Candidates who come with RMX (Ready Mix Concrete) and Admixture experience, someone who has handled PCE (Polycarboxylic Ether) for North India markets"
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.