Head/Assistant General Manager - Quality Assurance - Manufacturing/Automotive (15-20 yrs)
This Role Reports to: Business PL Head & Head Corp. QA / Mfg. Excellence
This Role Supervises Executives in a role of - Customer Support, Incoming Quality Assurance, In-house Quality Assurance, Product Sourced Quality Assurance.
Responsibilities (Indicate Key Deliverables for this position) :
- Build QA strategy and its deployment till Improvement Project level. Develop Monthly Score card and strong review mechanism.
- Build strong statistical problem-solving approach within QA team.
- Continuously interact with Plant & Suppliers to work upon improving Product & Process Quality to improve Customer Satisfaction.
- Understand & Analyze Customer Escalations and provide feedback to Plant & Suppliers as well as R&D.
- Analyze Cost of Poor Quality in terms of Rejections & Non-Moving Items and suggest corrective actions.
- Carry out Warranty Failure Analysis and provide feedback to R&D, Reliability & Plant Teams.
- Deploy Daily work management (DWM) and improve Process capability of the processes.
- Set up Quality Standards & Systems in coordination with Plant, R&D and Reliability Teams. Strengthen Process, Product and System Audits
- Set up process for assessing quality of Bought Out Items thru Local & International Vendors and methods for continuous improvements. Carry out SQP audits at all vendors. Handhold to achieve and sustain expected scores. Develop Vendor score card and review mechanism.
- PPAP implementation at vendor end.
Business Corporate Quality
- Carry out Branches and Customer visits to understand Customer well.
- Analyse Corporate Escalations & provide feedback to R&D, Reliability & plant Teams.
- Strengthen QMS and ensure Quality Certifications
- Active participation in OpEx Program
- Drive Six Sigma Programs
- Educational Qualification Essential: Graduate Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Mechanical Engineer, certified Black Belt