Recruitment Consultant at Talpro
Views:19656 Applications:581 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:94
Head - Analytics - FMCG/Retail (10-20 yrs)
- The Head of Analytics leads the data analytics department and oversees the activities of the junior departments and personnel.
- In this role, the Head of Analytics ensures that the business in its various departments understands its own health, finds growth levers, and identifies opportunities for optimization.
- The Head of Analytics leads the business through all efforts that drive business performance and potential by using the existent and new data sources and techniques.
- The Head of Analytics additionally leads the data analytics department in the development of a departmental culture, policies, and strategy. The role will involve the Head of Analytics getting his hands dirty and solving hard analytical problems for the business, reporting directly to the CMO
Objectives and Responsibilities of the Head of Analytics :
- The Head of Analytics is first and foremost a leader within the department overseeing all activities of the data analytics and data warehousing departments.
- He leads initiatives relating to the optimization of existing departmental policies and leads initiatives that relate to individual department optimization leading to performance improvement across the business.
- The Head of Analytics drives performance of analytics solutions to impact overall business results while keeping costs in check and ensuring the department remains within the planned budget.
- The Head of Analytics is also responsible for setting the departmental vision and culture and championing for the use of data in making key business decisions.
- The Head of Analytics is in charge of driving the day-to-day analytical approaches and exploring solutions to particular problems. He is also tasked with the management and long-term prioritization of the business's overall analytical needs and opportunities.
- The Head of Analytics additionally defines the business questions that need be answered and defines appropriate analytics models in addition to identifying and readying relevant data sources for analysis. In his leadership capacity, the Head of Analytics takes initiative in developing a training programs meant for improving the departmental heads- understanding of the use of data, which improves decision-making across the business
- In this capacity, the Head of Analytics will also play a mentorship role to key data analytics and warehousing personnel, constantly honing their professional skills, and preparing them for the occupation of his position in future.
- The Head of Analytics plays a leading strategic role where he leads the data analytics and data warehousing departments in strategy development with regard to the collection, manipulation, and analysis of data for various business functions/departments such as marketing, sales, operations, among others.
- The Head of Analytics also endeavors to create new data-driven approaches for the purpose of generating business insights through data analytics, information visualization, and addressing unanswered business issues in a proactive manner.
- The Head of Analytics will play an analytical role where he develops and applies analytical algorithms and methods where possible with a view of driving and enhancing data systems and streamlining business processes. In this capacity, the Head of Analytics strives to improve the quality of analytics solutions on a consistent basis.
- He leads the analytics and warehousing departments in the creation of high quality analyses for all functions of the business and in the definition of metrics that track the business's performance at different fronts. It is also the duty of the Head of Analytics to validate, interpret, and create reports and presentations for senior data analytics management, departmental heads/management, and relevant stakeholders.
- The role of the Head of Analytics is a highly collaborative role and, as such, the Head of Analytics facilitates joint brainstorming and team collaboration. The Head of Analytics works closely with senior data analytics management in establishing departmental goals and strategies.
- He additionally works with junior data analytics and data warehouse personnel in defining the data collection needs of the business for the purpose of future work and also for guaranteeing that there is high data-quality and reliability across the business.
- The Head of Analytics further collaborates with numerous departments across the business, aiding them in the proper use of data, hence, ensuring the delivery of desired operational results.
- The Head of Analytics also performs similar duties as he deems fit for the proper execution of his duties and duties as delegated by the Director Analytics, Chief Data Officer, or the Employer.
Required Qualifications of the Head of Analytics
- The Head of Analytics has to have a master's degree (Phd preferred) in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Economics, Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Math, Business Administration, or any other related field.
- An equivalent of this requirement in working experience is also acceptable for the position.
- A candidate for this position must have had at least 7 years of working experience in a data analyst or data warehousing position, preferably working as a Senior Data Analyst in a fast-paced and complex business setting.
- The candidate will also have had a proven and successful experience in the execution of data analytics initiatives, leading to the development of useful insights and the improvement of a business's performance and driving top-line growth.
- The candidate will also demonstrate success leading analytics and a large analytical team as well as vast experience working with a wide range of data in order to predict financial metrics for a business.
- A suitable candidate will additionally have demonstrated experience building and leading quantitative analyses as well experience building response and risk models for a business.
- As a bonus, the candidate will have gathered experience working with large data-sets and computing systems such as Hadoop.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form are a must have for the Head of Analytics.
- The Head of Analytics will be meant to interact with numerous departments- personnel and departmental heads/management aiding them in the proper application of data, leading to functional improvement.
- As a departmental leader, the clarity of his communications down the line will be a major contributing factor to the performance and effectiveness of the junior data analytics personnel.
- More so, communication skills will be necessary in the creation of engaging reports and presentations for senior data analytics management and key stakeholders. These reports must be engaging, clear, concise, and convincing, having been tailored in such a manner that will suit and appeal to the audience at hand.
Computer Skills/Ms Office/Software:
- The Head of Analytics must also have excellent computer skills and be highly proficient in the use of Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint, which will all be necessary in the creation of visually and verbally engaging reports, for departmental heads/management, senior data analytics management, and key stakeholders.
- The Head of Analytics will further demonstrate skills in Salesforce, SQL server reporting services, Tableau, analysis services, or any other data visualization tools.
- A candidate for this position must demonstrate a passion for research and data and be highly skilled in performing quantitative analyses on various business functions, for example, on consumer behavior and trends.
- The candidate must also be highly skilled in the use of SQL, being able to draw complex queries that ultimately lead to improvements in business performance. He will also be highly proficient in the workings of data technologies such as Hadoop, Teradata, and so forth.
- The candidate for this position will additionally have an understanding of A/B testing as well as vast knowledge in the identification of key metrics that measure and drive long-term health of the business.
- The candidate for this position will be self-motivated, be proactive taking initiative and going beyond his call of duty, be helpful and service-oriented, have exceptional problem-solving skills, work comfortably in a cross-functional setting, work comfortably with business senior executives, take accountability for the business's performance, and have an ability to remain calm and composed under stress and uncertainty, inspiring the same in his team.
- The Head of Analytics must also have a natural ability to make strong, lasting, and meaningful connection with others, which will aid him in the execution of his duties in this highly collaborative role. He will be a likeable and relatable individual who is easily approachable, hence, inspiring trust in departmental heads, senior data analytics management, stakeholders, and junior data analytics personnel, who will all trust and follow in his insights, directives, and judgments.
- Developing statistical & Predictive models on syndicated, survey and transactional data with statistical techniques like Regression (Logit & Linear) analysis, Cluster analysis (Random Forest, K-Means, Two Step, Time Series Analysis for segmentation), Segmentation, Factor analysis etc. using SPSS & R, Neteeza, Advanced Statistics / SQL / Advanced MS Excel / Advanced MS Access
- Expertise on working over analysis softwares- SAS EG, SAS Miner, Tableau, Python and R, SAS and R is the essential requirement, Python is good to have)
- Exposure to modelling