HDFC Limited - Legal Appraiser - Recoveries - LLB (5-6 yrs)
1. Experience working in the legal department of any Financial Institution/Bank, preferably handling portfolio for recovery of dues and litigation. Some practice in Court as Advocate would be an advantage. Should have sound knowledge of Code of Civil Procedure, Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Penal Code, Companies Act, SARFAESI Act, 2002, Transfer of Property Act, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, Negotiable Instruments Act, Payments & Settlement Act and other relevant Laws relating to Housing Finance Companies, Banking and Financial Institutions.
2. Sound knowledge of laws relating to mortgage finance, debt recovery and real estate.
3. Be well versed with latest amendments of laws, judgments and guidelines.
4. Prior experience with a bank / FI / NBFC in handling Housing Finance accounts.
5. Initiating legal action on defaulting loan accounts and handling litigation independently.
6. Be well versed in drafting various legal documents/letters, petitions, suits, written statements, affidavits and replies to notices.
7. Legal due diligence and extracting information from public domain.
8. Be well versed with court proceedings and management of external Advocates.
9. Experience of appearing in person before Court Receiver, Official Liquidator, Resolution Professional, District Magistrate and other Government Authorities.
10. Experience in filing criminal complaints/ FIRs, liaisoning with Govt. departments/ Police department.
11. Support for mitigation of risk and recovery of NPAs.
12. Be willing to travel, if required.
13. Fluent command over written and spoken English. Reading and writing local language will be an added advantage.
14. Knowledge of MS-OFFICE.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.