Talent Acquisition Partner at HDFC
Views:822 Applications:135 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:21
HDFC Bank - TM - Vendor & Outsourcing Governance (12-15 yrs)
Summarise briefly, the purpose of the role :
- This position is created for oversight and governance over utilization and overall accounting of Licenses procured and put to use by the IT Department.
- To monitor the procurement, deployment & usage of business licenses
- To monitor the procurement, deployment & usage of infra licenses
- Ensuring no overrun of license deployed vs procured - reconciliation on a regular basis
- Dead/ defunct/sunset licenses - cost incurred and savings
- Automation of application license mapping with ITGRC and CMDB - service now or other tool
2. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES :
List the expected end results that must be achieved in order to fulfil the job purpose and the activities that help in achieving these results.
EXPECTED END RESULTS MAJOR ACTIVITIES:
License utilization - Use available tools and techniques to reconcile utilization of licenses vis-- -vis periodic renewals (security, OS / DB)
- Endpoint license (functional - MS office, LoNo etc. as well as security - AV, DLP, IEM etc.)
- Assess whether application license usage being tracked and whether information used for renewals is complete and correct.
- Assess whether AMC tool captures linkages of license usage with AMC and other payments
- Reconciliation of usage vis- a-vis license procurement agreement terms
Assess risk of license non-compliance due to:
1. Use of software on servers which are not appearing on authorized software list
2. Inadvertent inclusion of unlicensed software on asset as part of base installation image
3. Failure to remove footprint while removing license software from systems after expiry of license
4. Inconsistencies in central license inventory
5. Linkages of license usage with AMC and other payments
6. Reconciliation of usage vis-a-vis license procurement agreement terms
List the data points, which will reflect the scope and scale of activities concerning the job.
(These should be quantifiable numerical amounts)
License Compliance Monitoring :
- Develop review cycle and assessment program for license compliance for data centre (OS / DB / Application) and end user devices
- Review policy, process, workflows, automated tools used to deploy and monitor software licenses across 6000+ servers in data center + 1L plus end user assets.
- Engage with license management team at the procurement stage to understand the license utilization and deployment terms agreed with vendor and assess if any terms of usage are detrimental to interests of the bank.
5. Description of the Relationships and Roles:
Working relationships held by the role (Internal and External)
- Department: IT and BTG for data centre, Bankwide for EUC
- Upwards: Unit Heads
- Sideways : Peers across departments
- Downwards : Operational teams in IT
2. External: Consultants, auditors, vendors
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- State the minimum acceptable proficiency for the job.
- Do not state incumbent-specific information
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.