Talent Acquisition Partner at HDFC
Views:2431 Applications:362 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:26
HDFC Bank - Senior Legal Manager - LLB (14-20 yrs)
Senior Legal Manager is required to handle identification of lawyers and law firms, negotiation of fee structure, conduct conferences with Senior Counsels and do case briefing with law firms, handling critical cases filed against the Bank, attending High Court matters, support NCLT process, provide support to local Business Team if required etc. Providing Legal support to Recovery Managers in matters related Legal Vetting of documents, conducting civil and criminal litigations, defending litigations filed against bank, Legal Research, management of court case portal, attending DRT / DRAT for critical cases etc.
- Ensuring all legal notices issued under SARFAESI ACT, RDDB ACT, COMPANIES ACT, NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENT ACT and also matter related to DERIVATIVE TRANSACTIONS are dealt with appropriately
- Ensuring all replies issued against Bank are responded appropriately
- Ensuring and vetting all cases filed on behalf of Bank for recovery of debts dealt with legally.
- Vetting of applications under Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Legal vetting of various correspondence with defaulter
Liaising with external counsels / attorneys on regular basis:
- Identifying Law firms
- Briefing complicated issues with counsels
- Ascertain Banking experience of Advocates
- Fix fees schedule
- Ensure that Advocates were protecting the interest of the Bank by way of appropriate legal documentation, attending the court, arguments etc.
- Conducting periodical review with the advocates to ascertain the progress of the case
To get directly involve with Recovery Managers in critical / high value / stressed cases:
- Attending conference and Courts to manage critical matters pending before DRT/DRAT/High Court etc.
- Providing legal support to take physical possession, conducting auction etc.
- Defending challenges initiated by the borrower and third parties against SARFAESI actions
Litigation against Bank:
- Closely handle the suits and proceedings filed against the Bank wherein monetary claim is involved.
Court Case Portal -
- Managing the same with Recovery managers and central legal teams
- Ascertaining matters filed against bank and review of the same periodically
- Reconcile reporting of matters against bank
Key Skills -
- Civil & Criminal Procedure Code with actual trial experience in court.
- Banking documentation and Bank Products
- Loan Against Shares & Loan Against Mutual Funds
- Share Purchase and Joint Venture Agreements.
- Proceedings under Bankruptcy Code
- Commodity Finance
- ISDA and Derivative Transactions
- Conducting Arbitration Proceedings
- Conducting Legal Proceedings under the Companies Act including merger and de-merger of Companies
- Profound knowledge in Civil, Banking and Criminal laws
- Litigation Experience (Both Civil & Criminal) with current legal trends.
- Good written & verbal communication skills with proper articulation.
- To Draft letters and correspondence.
- Banking Product & Process Knowledge
- Graduation: LLB
- Post-Graduation: LLM (Preferable)
Should be well versed with banking practices like Litigation and Drafting especially on stress/recovery side.