Talent Acquisition Manager at HDFC Bank Ltd
Views:1469 Applications:124 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
HDFC Bank - Senior Functional Analyst - Enterprise Risk Management (12-17 yrs)
Job Title :(Job Name) - Senior Functional Analyst- ERM
Business Unit (PA) :ORMG
Team : (Sub team in the PA): ERM
Reports to (job) :Head-Enterprise Risk Management
Location of role :Mumbai
Design Retail Credit Risk ICAAP Framework for various Retail Asset Products which includes Risk Level, Direction & Outlook and Quarterly submission of ICAAP to RBI & ICAAP Committee and publishing monthly to the Senior Management for internal monitoring purpose
Carry out analyses to study risk dynamics across various products and portfolios - due to external/ internal factors.
- For Product Risk Analysis, responsible for conducting detailed and periodic reviews of all Products falling under Retail assets and SME segment. Objective is to identify and highlight risk related to various functions associated with a Product viz. Process, Policy, Underwriting, Collections, RIC.
- This role has to create consensus across all High level stakeholders (incl. Head - Credit Policy and Group Head - Credit and RIC) regarding the Risk Highlighted and Recommendations made by ERM, and initiating corrective actions in due course.
Job Responsibilities(JR) :
Identify High Risk Factors impacting Process, Policy, RIC, Operations and Collections Policy
- Review and Analysis of Process flows, Credit Policy, Credit Underwriting activities, RIC activities, Operations activities, Early Warning Mechanism, Deferral and PDD Management, Vendor activities, Collections Mechanism etc.
- Substantiated High Risk Factors and emerging trends through Long term Data analysis to Process, Policy, RIC and Collections.
Analysis of Long term Portfolio behavior for identification of High Risk Factors and Indicators. Establishing and substantiating Key ERM Observations and Recommendations through Data analysis.
- Recommended changes in Policy and Process to PRM, Policy Head and Process Head for implementation.
Preparing Detailed Product Review Presentation for Management.
Securing concurrence of each key stakeholder (various Functional Heads) on ERM Observations and Recommendations by building consensus on key issues identified
- Secured time bound plan for implementation of agreed ERM recommendations by various Functional Heads.
Creating time bound plan for implementation of mutually agreed ERM recommendations by various Functions.
Design Retail Credit Risk ICAAP Framework for Level & Direction and submission to ICAAP Committee, which include
Quarterly & Monthly ICAAP Preparation-
- Identifying the products in the Retail Asset Portfolio and ensure that all the major Retail asset products are covered from the Retail Asset Portfolio of the Bank
- Evaluate various credit risk parameters which are sensitive to the risk and would gauge the risk in the portfolio based on the nature of the product at various stages of the product lifecycle. Identify the parameter to be included in the Framework and assign weight on the basis of it's significance
- Prepare of ICAAP on a Quarterly basis. Present to the Retail credit Policy & Head - Retail Credit Policy and gather their feedback. Discuss in detail the root cause, action taken and future course of action for the areas where there is a significant increase in risk level for a product.
- Review the existing ICAAP Framework and revise the Framework if required basis the change in Business Strategy, Risk Appetite of the Bank, new product offerings, etc., identify changes required in each product etc.
Design Retail Credit Risk ICAAP Outlook Framework which includes :
- To assess the Outlook for Retail asset Portfolio, identify various external and internal indicators for various products basis various external sources.
- Prepare Outlook for the Retail Asset Portfolio on a Quarterly basis, ensure the computation is accurate with the help of internal checks
- Presentation and submission the Head- Risk and the ICAAP Committee evel Outlook to the Basel Team which will help the to obtain risk multiplier from Credit Risk Policy Team for ECL Computation basis IND AS 9 for each Retail Asset Product. Be a part of discussion of trends in IRB Pools, root cause for the movement and actionable planned by the Policy Team.
MBA /Post Graduate in Finance/ Banking/ Chartered Accountant. Along with Engineering/ Statistics background preferable.
Key Skills :
- Hard core experience and understanding of Retail Credit & Risk
- Risk Terminologies and conceptual understanding
- Basics of Basel Norms
- Retail Asset Products, Policies, Credit, Collections, RIC, Credit Processes
- Data Analysis from large data dumps
- Should be well versed with MS-Excel to handle large data, functions and formulas
- PowerPoint presentation. Should be able to engage with Internal and External Stakeholders. Logic and reasoning abilities, strong inter-personal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, Presentation skills
Experience Required :
- Prior experience of minimum 10-15 years in Risk Management in BFSI sector with understanding of conceptual understanding of Credit Risk specifically in Retail Assets. Basic understanding of ICAAP and BASEL Norms.
Major Stakeholders(intra team and cross functional stakeholders, who would need to be interacted with for discharging duties)
- Risk teams
- Internal Audit and Compliance
- Business teams