Talent Acquisition Partner at HDFC
Views:1247 Applications:197 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:82
HDFC Bank - RBI Liaisoning Officer (15-18 yrs)
The officer shall be responsible for liaisoning with regulators for all capital and current account transactions. Prime responsibility will be liaisoning between Bank and regulators to ensure compliance of FEMA regulations for all Capital and presented current account cases. The officer will be conducting various reviews on the processes followed across Trade locations and also conduct training across the Trade Processing locations.
A. Single point contact for Trade compliance for Capital Accounts:
- Pan-India Trade branches and processing centers will refer the cases to RBI liaison officer who needs to revert with extant regulations and final confirmation on transaction.
- If required, co-ordination with RBI, Business, Compliance, etc. needs to be done
- Maintain regulatory knowledge & train Pan India staff handling Capital Account transactions.
- Working knowledge of ODI - Overseas Direct Investment, FDI - Foreign Direct Investment, ECB - External Commercial Borrowings, Branch Office, Liaison office,SNRR Accounts & Off shore (IFSC/SEZ ) transactions etc.
- Meet Regulators and present the proposals for their approval
- Presentation to senior management of Bank
- Identify potential risks on the customers presentations / proposals
- Prepare the required file for regulators and for compliance dept. within Bank
- To review all the circulars issued by various regulatory authorities and implements the same by incorporating revised guidelines into existing processes.
- Ensure that all processing units comply with RBI and ICC rules and regulations.
- Update the processing units of all changes in the regulations.
- Ensure that observations of RBI and external FEMA auditors are responded and adequately closed.
B. Represent Bank during meeting with Regulators, FEDAI, etc :
- To meet the regulators on various matter
- To give opinion on cases referred by International Chamber of Commerce.
- To give opinion on all FEMA related matters referred to FEDAI by member banks
- To give suggestions for improvisation of process
- To write / suggest better processes to RBI on FEMA and other regulations
C. Networking with other Banks Compliance officers :
- Networking with other bank's compliance officers and understand their implementation of extant regulations. To derive information of best practices of banking industry and implement the same - if it compatible with the banks culture and system.
D. Roll out of New Processes :
- Roll out of new processes or amendment of old processes as and when the internal and external regulations undergo changes. This is a very critical activity since the processes rolled out should be in compliance with the extant RBI rules and regulations.
E. Training Users of all Trade branches and processing centers :
- Impart training to the users in all decentralized trade branches, including system training if required. The users are required to be guided on all the internal guidelines and FEMA regulations governing the transactions.
- To help the branches understand the products to be handled by them and make them aware of the internal processes and RBI and ICC regulations governing these products.
- Practical knowledge of extent FEMA regulations
- Working knowledge of ODI - Overseas Direct Investment, FDI - Foreign Direct Investment, ECB - External Commercial Borrowings, Branch Office, Liaison office, etc.
- Minimum of 15 years' experience.
- Preferably a CA or CS or CAIIB.
- Mandatory a graduate with 2 year higher / Management studies.
- Should have cleared IIBF Exam for Trade & KYC.
- Good communication - Oral as well as Written.
- Disciplined and organised.