Talent Acquisition Manager at HDFC Bank Ltd
Views:2084 Applications:151 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
HDFC Bank - Legal Manager/Senior Legal Manager (10-15 yrs)
Job Title :(Job Name) - Legal Manager (DFSO) / Senior Legal Manager (DFSO)
Business Unit (PA) :DFSO
Team : (Sub team in the PA)NA
Reports to (job) : Head Legal-DFSO
Role Type: Individual Contributor
Job Purpose :
Providing Legal support to Recovery Managers in matters related Legal Vetting of documents, conducting civil and criminal litigations, Defending litigations filed against bank, Legal Research, management of court case portal, attending DRT / DRAT for critical cases etc.
Apart from the above, Senior Legal Manager required to handle identification of lawyers and law firms, negotiation of fee structure, conduct conferences with Senior Counsels and do case briefing with law firms, handling critical cases filed against the Bank, attending High Court matters, support NCLT process, provide support to local Business Team if required etc.
Job Responsibilities(JR) : 6 - 8 Areas :
Legal Vetting :
- Ensuring all legal notices issued under SARFAESI ACT, RDDB ACT, COMPANIES ACT, NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENT ACT and also matter related to DERIVATIVE TRANSACTIONS are dealt with appropriately
- Ensuring all replies issued against Bank are responded appropriately
- Ensuring and vetting all cases filed on behalf of Bank for recovery of debts dealt with legally.
- Vetting of applications under Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Legal vetting of various correspondence with defaulter
Liaising with external counsels / attorneys on regular basis. :
- Identifying Law firms
- Briefing complicated issues with counsels
- Ascertain Banking experience of Advocates
- Fix fees schedule
- Ensure that Advocates were protecting the interest of the Bank by way of appropriate legal documentation, attending the court, arguments etc.
- Conducting periodical review with the advocates to ascertain the progress of the case
To get directly involve with Recovery Managers in critical / high value / stressed cases :
- Attending conference and Courts to manage critical matters pending before DRT/DRAT/High Court etc.
- Providing legal support to take physical possession, conducting auction etc.
- Defending challenges initiated by the borrower and third parties against SARFAESI actions
Litigation against Bank :
- Closely handle the suits and proceedings filed against the Bank wherein monetary claim is involved.
Court Case Portal :
- Managing the same with Recovery managers and central legal teams
- Ascertaining matters filed against bank and review of the same periodically
- Reconcile reporting of matters against bank
Educational Qualifications :
- Graduation: LLB
- Post-Graduation: LLM (Preferable)
Key Skills :
- Litigation Experience (Both Civil&Criminal)
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of current legal trends in financial Industry.
- Banking Product & Process Knowledge
Experience Required(examples listed below) :
- Minimum experience in years - 4 to 5 years (including Banking and non-Banking area)
- For senior Legal Manager, min experience of 8 years with exposure to large value / critical cases
- Exposure to banking is a must
Major Stakeholders :
- Recovery Managers / Senior Recovery Managers
- Regional Heads / Head Legal / Head NCLT
- Advocates & Law Firms
- Business Team
- Credit Team