HDFC Bank - Head - Currency Chest & Bulk Cash Counter (10-15 yrs)
A) Operation Management of Currency Chest :
- Ensuring smooth,error free and secured operations of Chest as per RBI & Internal Laid down processes. .
- Maintaining SLA for Cash pick-up and delivery with linked Retail Branches and regular review of Van frequency in-line to RBB's requirements.
- Meeting all currency demands by Retail linked Branches & ATM.
- Review of Band 1& 2 / Unprofitable clients infusing cash into system with objective of weeding out unprofitable Bizz.
- To ensure timely reporting of Balances in RBI's e-Kuber application as per process on daily basis.
- People Management viz Replacements, Recruitment, Training, Motivation, Creation backups and Performance Monitoring.
Daily Review of HON Holding at linked Branches and ensuring branches operating under approved CRL.
- Ensuring Chest is Operating within approved Chest Limit and disposing Soiled Noted to RBI on regular intervals to maintain Balances.
- Strictly follow adjudication of notes as per RBI norms.
- Keep daily track of Fresh/Issuable/ Unsorted/ATM Cash and maintain records.
- Regular review of all process and advise Improvements to fill gaps.
- Maintain high quality of currency in circulation to ATM + Branches. . . .
- Ensuring daily monitoring of cash shortage A/c, Discrepancy. intercepted by Chest and follow up with branches to reverse the entries within TAT-
- All Dummy A/c's to be checked on daily basis and record maintained as per process. . .
- Ensure Cash sorting on daily basis with zero pendency as per TAT and ensuring optimum productivity from respective NSM.
- Ensure periodic rotation of staff by developing their skills and staff visits to branches as per guidelines.
- Ensure very tight security arrangement all the time and review.
- Regularly conduct note exchange mela in coordination with branches.
- Maintenance of CVM Machines installed as per process.
Relationship Management :RBI / Police / Other Banks / Various Vendors.
- Maintaining sound relationship with RB & attending all meeting chaired by their RD and GM and other RBI officials from Issue Dept
- Develop relationship with RB to Off-load Soiled Notes out of Chest and Infusion of Fresh Cash as per requirements
- Develop cordial relationship with Police Department for Chest Cash Movements.
- Maintain good relations with all vendors - Cash Van, Security, LON Sorting, NCM Vendors, NSM Vendors, CCTV's, Armed Guards-Regular Joint review
- Maintain healthy relationship with peer Banks including PSU's to meet deficit/surplus cash as per situation
Audit & Compliance : Ensure Clean Audit Report
- Internal- RBCU, Concurrent Audits
- Regular Audit
- RBI Audit / Inspections
B) Operation Management of Bulk cash Counter
- Conduct smooth functioning of Bulk cash Counter as per Business Requirement.
- Review all processing of Door Step Banking / CMS cash Collections.
- Monthly review and signoff
- Vendor Management for DSB & CMS Cash Collections
- Maintaining LTR of all cash Txns
- Review of Band 1 & 2 / Unprofitable clients infusing cash into system with objective of weeding out unprofitable bizz
- CCTV Review and Management