HDFC Bank - Channel Manager - Business Development - 4W/2W/Tractor/CV Channels (4-10 yrs)
Job Responsibilities -
Overall Business Objective
(25%) - All Retail Assets & Motor Channels
- Increase penetration to bank customer base, by leveraging across banking channels and customer interfaces
- Agreeing annual budgets for each channel at broad channel level and resource level as per their potential.
- Keeping the insurance co. partner in sync with agreed numbers at channel level
- Submitting agreed numbers at channel / insurance co. level to finance
- Keeping track of each channel and their resource for their achievement towards planned numbers.
- Overachieving defined targets and ensuring maximum no. of resources achieve their monthly and annually planned targets
(15%) - All Assets Channels
- Ensuring each channel agree insurance premium mobilization as per their potential
- Tracking channel performance with business analysis reports
- Facilitation with tools, training programs, certification drives, DYKs etc. to ensure sales process easy.
- Visiting / meeting / con-call at various hierarchy level to strategize and achieve business numbers at channel level.
- Ensure adequate support/identify support gaps is given to channels from the Vendor/support teams to enable them deliver their plans
Regulatory Compliance & Audit
(15%) - All Assets Channels
- To ensure Bank meets the Audit, Compliance & Regulatory requirements that specified from time to time
- To ensure timely & accurate submissions to the regulator during half-yearly submissions or any other ad-hoc requirements
- To ensure adequate level of IRDA certification across all channels
- To periodically review the existing products and business process to identify gaps and ensure compliance
- To monitor all complaints received through all mediums & ensuring through investigation and timely closure.
- Timely guidance for investigation & closure of complaints
(15%) - All Assets Channels - Distribution tie-up with health n gen. insurance vendors as per requirement, bank's potential and capability of the insurance co.
- Bringing clarity among insurance vendors about sales plans, channels allocation, distribution of products etc.
- To hold Weekly reviews with the vendor to discuss on the Business strategies & plans
- To highlight & represent the issues/support requirement of the Bank and ensure timely closure
Product Innovation & Quality
(20%) - All Assets Channels - Benchmarking with competition, market share and enabling product USPs, in collaboration with insurer, as per requirements - Monitoring feedback and implementation of reverts for enhancements.
- Monitoring of business leakages with insurer and channels
- Maintaining best in class persistency / renewal rate for respective product portfolio and channel.
Systems & Processes and Mktg.
(10%) - All Assets Channels - Ensuring process notes, and approval from board and related stakeholders, within the bank. Ongoing process support to channels.
- Designing and implementation of the sales process, for each channel, in collaboration with the insurer.
- Smooth interdepartmental integration process with each business channel and with support channels like operations and technology.
- Collaboration with technology teams to enable sale thru net-banking channel
- New business sourcing/ increase penetration, thru various digital & STP platforms
- Centralized customer campaigns, basis analytical inputs