Talent Acquisition at HCL Technologies Ltd
Views:3498 Applications:397 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
HCL - Director/Deputy General Manager/Assistant General Manager - IT Procurement (15-18 yrs)
Job description :
Position level : Group Manager/AGM/DGM/ GM/ Associate Director (can be any of these; we have 2 positions)
Experience level : 15+ years
- $8 billion global company bringing IT and engineering services expertise under one roof to solve complex business problems for customers
- Extensive global offshore infrastructure and network of offices in 31 countries
- Providing holistic, multi-service delivery across industries - financial services, manufacturing, consumer services, public services, and healthcare
- Delivering measurable business value in enterprise application services, IT infrastructure management, custom application services, engineering and R&D services, and business services
- Vibrant culture of Ideapreneurship - a culture that helps in grassroots innovations that lead to transformative business outcomes
HCL is a fast-growing global IT and Business Process outsourcing, technology and consulting services company delivering technology-driven business solutions to help meet and exceed the strategic objectives of its clients.
With a truly global presence, HCL has established strong proposition in the Enterprise Transformation Services market with its technology capabilities and domain knowledge; clients include numerous Fortune 1000 and Global 500 companies across many industry sectors.
Having established a strong track record of innovation and success in the implementation of its services, HCL prides itself by exceeding customer satisfaction and always delivers on its commitments. In the past few years, the business has achieved rapid growth through successful delivery of large complex programs and consistently generated robust revenue stream. HCL's client list of global, blue chip organizations is constantly expanding.
PROCUREMENT FUNCTIONAL OVERVIEW :
Procurement is responsible for the buying of all goods and services used in delivering services to our customers as well as internal requirements. The organization is embarking on a transformation programme which reflects the huge growth in the business globally over the past 10 years.
The transformation will increase the focus on developing our supplier base through a global and regional category approach whilst improving the business understanding and appreciation of the Procurement function. This role provides an excellent chance for someone to be a key part of that transformation and to benefit from the opportunities that success in key transformation programme can bring.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Support the delivery of Sourcing and Category Management with a specific lead focus on strategic software suppliers, products and services.
- Develop, as part of a global category approach, a category strategy to maximize HCL's value and manage risk within the category spend.
- Work closely with the Category Lead to develop and implement a global approach to IT procurement in HCL.
- Develop strong internal reltionships to support and influence key internal stakeholders in Delivery, Sales, Alliances and Product Management Group.
- Develop understanding of spend within scope and develop a plan to deliver targeted savings over the life of the agreements.
- Work closely with counterparts offshore to maximize HCL leverage and ensure consistency of approach.
- Oversee Sourcing & Category Management for all spend.
- Establish tight alignment with the relevant stakeholders.
- Obtain support and agreement for procurement plan from key stakeholders to ensure optimal compliance.
- Close negotiations and mitigate commercial exposure in the contracts.
- Define and manage key supplier relationships to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality
- Working within regional category strategy to drive supplier consolidation across the globe.
- Deliver the negotiation savings and best possible commercials across the category
- Develop category based savings initiatives and projects
- Establish and report on measurable performance metrics for all procurement activities including supplier performance, payment terms, and other key metrics.
Key Skills :
- 15+ years of experience in Procurement buying roles.
- Good exposure to various aspects of the market including contract law, negotiation, market dynamics, commercial strategy, strategic sourcing, contract management and supply relationship management.
- Familiarity with large complex deals in outsourcing service a benefit.
- Strong communication skills and drive desired results within the organization.
- Excellent people management skills; Proficient in verbal communication, writing, time management, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills are also required
- Exceptionally strong work ethic displaying a mature and professional attitude with an ability to adjust quickly to change
- Motivated, self-starter and achievement oriented and excellent team building skills.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.