Recruitment at HCL Technologies
Views:8891 Applications:332 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:204
HCL - Consultant - Rural Infrastructure - Water & Sanitation - NGO (4-9 yrs)
Consultant - Rural Infrastructure (Water and Sanitation)
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Should have Bachelor's degree in civil engineering/environmental engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or University. Relevant Post graduate degree/diploma is desirable
- Minimum 5 years experience in undertaking assignments related to development, assessment, monitoring and evaluation of infrastructure projects, particularly in areas of drinking water and sanitation, with at least two years in senior position managing a team.
- Experience of working in rural areas is desirable.
- Demonstrated skills in in designing and managing surveys/field studies/data analysis/mapping/consultation and monitoring and evaluation systems as well as DPR preparation.
- Strong understanding of key development concepts, particularly in relation to drinking water and sanitation in rural areas. As well as knowledge of innovative and disruptive interventions in the areas of DW&S.
- Demonstrated experience in research, learning and knowledge management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake comprehensive assessment of the existing situation and identification of the general trends of infrastrucutre at the project village/cluster level. Furthermore, the stage will concentrate on the assessment of available infrastructure data and information and accuracy of this data in terms of quantity, quality and it's adequacy for the purpose of the preparation of the intended DPR.
- Data Collection and Review and Documentation of Policies, Strategies and Plans being implemented at the village level across infrastructure sectors particularly drinking water and sanitation.
- Support development of framework and compile all available spatial and attribute data, regarding existing infrastructure conditions in the Project Villages
a) Transportation infrastructure including road based, rail based and networks.
b) Physical infrastructure data including water supply and network. Electricity supply and network, sewerage system, telecommunication, solid waste treatment facilities.
c) Social infrastructure data including hierarchy of facilities, their distribution and accessibility.
d) Infrastructure Projects under implementation including the inventory of all infrastructure, projects under construction at regional level.
- Assess the quality and quantity of data available at the village and other hierarchal levels.
- Identify the gaps in terms of information needed and the approach and methods to overcome such deficiency.
- Conduct all necessary field studies and surveys to update missing data and information needed for preparation of the Project.
- Based on the above, the consultant shall conduct the assessment of the existing infrastructure situation and identify issues, opportunities and challenges at village level.
- The DPR shall adopt participatory approach by conducting interactive sessions. Therefore, consultant shall aid in development of effective strategy to conduct consultation with stakeholders including gram panchayats and civil society in rural areas, elected representatives, academician- s, government and non-governmental organizations.
- Based on the detailed analysis and assessment of the development status and current trends in the Project Area carried out the consultant shall develop alternative strategies to achieve the goals and objective of the rural development in the Project Areas.
- Contribute to implementation as well as periodic monitoring and evaluation of the infrastructure implementation in the project villages
- Develop constructive working relationships with relevant stakeholders including partners and relevant government departments.
- From time to time will be required to take on additional duties and tasks, as need within the program arises
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.