Manager - HR at Harappa Learning Pvt Ltd
Views:183 Applications:48 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Harappa Education - Legal Role - LLB/LLM (6-9 yrs)
About Us :
Harappa Education is an online learning institution. Our unique curriculum of 5 Habits + 25 Skills, delivered through an engaging online-first approach, addresses a core gap in higher education: the cognitive, social and emotional skills we need to succeed in the workplace just are not taught to us in college.
Harappa is an education and content company, made richer by digital, tech, and design. We are an ambitious and mission-driven start-up, created by people with an exciting mix of diverse experiences and skillsets. All Harappans get full access to our expanding content library, as well as an opportunity to interact with the researchers, subject matter experts, and faculty who build this content. If you love the idea of enabling explosive growth for a team (and yourself) and are a life-long learning junkie, Harappa is the place for you!
The X-Team :
The X-team is responsible for people, processes and projects at Harappa. Its mission is to continuously improve HX - the Harappa Experience - of internal & external stakeholders. The X-team is the home of OD enthusiasts, trainers, facilitators, process junkies, and project managers.
- You will facilitate the management and resolution of a diverse range of legal, regulatory and compliance matters which impact the organisation's capacity to achieve its strategic goals.
- You will be responsible for corporate legal matters across all verticals of the business.
- Legal affairs include contract, compliance, dispute resolution, legal advice, corporate governance, including support.
- Draft, review, negotiate and finalize proposals, NDAs, LOIs, business agreements with various vendors and service providers, strategic partnerships/JV agreements with global players, legal documents pertaining to ad-sales agreements, consulting agreements, content, technology and licensing agreements, marketing agreements across the globe
- Advise on interpretation and application of key legal areas including but not limited to media laws, patents, copyright, trademarks, data privacy, consumer protection, payment regulations, Alternative Dispute Resolution, intermediaries, advertising & marketing laws and regulations
- Contracts, documentation and knowledge management within the legal team and keeping senior management abreast of all relevant laws and policies impacting businesses
- Managing regulatory compliances pertaining to relevant businesses, taxation and highlighting regulatory risks in business transactions
- Ability to independently negotiate key business, commercial and legal terms with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage MIS and provide regular updates to the Head.
- LLB/LLM from a reputed law school.
- 7 years of prior work experience in a Law Firm and/or Media or Online Education company
- Excellent drafting, negotiating and comprehending skills
- Knowledge of Contract Laws, IPR Laws, Due diligence matters
- Sound business, commercial and legal acumen
- Analytical approach with an eye for detail
- High interpersonal skill and an ability to sustain in stress with a un-flickering focus
- High on integrity and commitment
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills