Haleon - Principal - Content Procurement (10-19 yrs)
Principal, Content Procurement - Global
EXP: 10 - 19 Years
Hello. We're Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we're improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands - including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum - through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What's more, we're achieving it in a company that we're in control of. In an environment that we're co-creating. And a culture that's uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn't a question.
- With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we're uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
- This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It's an opportunity to be part of something special.
Role Overview : The Principal, Content Procurement - Global, part of the Global Indirects Procurement organization, will be responsible for all category management and sourcing activities for the Content category globally. This role will report to the Senior Director, Marketing Procurement.
In this role you will :
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of global category strategies within your area of spend, which will form the strategic foundation and direction of all regional category strategies and BU strategies. As such, this role will need to work closely with the BU teams to ensure the global strategy accounts for regional and local market requirements while leveraging the global view and opportunities.
Key Responsibilities :
Strategy and execution :
- Create comprehensive global sourcing strategies for category in scope of responsibility, operating with a truly global and strategic mindset and in close collaboration with the BUs
- Have a clear understanding of how global and regional strategies affect local markets and how global and regional strategies align
- Build an education & communication process for regional and BU procurement leads
- Be the global expert in the spend categories
- Ensure global strategies reflect Haleon's sustainability and diversity objectives
Benefit delivery :
- Deliver benefits identified in strategies through effective and collaborative strategy execution with the BUs, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation
- Ensure financial benefits are managed in accordance with the Procurement Plan and Savings Methodology approach, ensuring business unit and Finance agreement to financial value delivered and transparency on treatment of benefits in the budgeting process
Business partnering & stakeholder management in Haleon :
- Influence key global and regional stakeholders and business partners to support strategy development, endorse recommended strategies, support execution and agree how benefit delivery will be budgeted
External supplier relationships :
- Build strategic relationships with key global suppliers and lead processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships.
- Ensure global and regional considerations are accounted for in supplier relationships
- Manage the supply base for the categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured.
- Lead all contract planning, negotiation, execution, interpretation and maintenance with global suppliers that will allow Haleon to maximize opportunity
- Develop and Implement Operational excellence strategies and plans for key global suppliers to drive improvements against KPIs.
Supply chain & risk management :
- Transform the supply chain to release value and make Haleon more responsive to business and customer needs - for example in cost control, complexity reduction, simplification, best practice procurement and use of KPIs
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Qualifications & Skills :
- Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Level of Education: Master's Degree
- Area of Specialisation: Procurement, Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing
- Why is it Required? Role requires ability to develop sophisticated procurement strategies in alignment with business needs. A strong understanding of business and financial analysis is a plus.
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience:
- 8+ years of operational Procurement experience across multiple categories
- Subject matter expertise in procurement category in scope
- Excellent knowledge of Procurement tools such as sourcing, quotation analysis, contract negotiation, supplier review, supplier development and others
- Highly developed business acumen with demonstrated success in delivering a multi-year strategy ensuring competitive commercial advantage
- Demonstrated ability to forge close business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all management levels
- Contracting experience required, including a thorough understanding of contracting fundamentals and experience with contract planning, negotiation, execution, interpretation and maintenance. Skilled negotiator adept at leading complex negotiations with both external and internal stakeholders
- Good understanding of market drivers effecting category; strong commitment to keeping abreast of trends
- Strong knowledge of finance (cost benchmark, financial audit with key suppliers) and legal matters (contracting)
- Clear understanding of business value, business priorities, and potential implementation risks
- Significant experience working in a matrix (global/ regional) business environment
- Strong networking skills and a proven ability to build productive and collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders and business partners
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work in partnership with others to drive, implement and support change
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks across multiple projects using project management skills
- Experience managing the delivery of large projects and with end-to-end service / operations management
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communications, and influencing skills
- Ability to work in high pressure environment, often under tight deadlines
- Experience with risk management
- Motivation for professional development and willingness to coach, mentor and train others
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion :
- At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone.
- We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives.
- We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.