GSK - Tech Capability Delivery Manager (5-9 yrs)
- GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
- This is an exciting time to join GSK. This is a new role being created as the SVP reshapes the team based on the evolving needs of the Tech function. This role will be a catalyst in aligning the global function around a cohesive set of strategic priorities, for improving culture and engagement across Tech and in leading the operations to support across the Tech Strategy and Performance Team.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- The Manager, Tech Strategy & Performance is supporting the Senior Director in her cross-Tech accountabilities to align the function on our strategy and engage our people to build the culture needed to underpin IPTc as well as having responsibility for the operations of the Tech Strategy & Performance team. The role will also deliver services to the broader Tech S&P team.
- Responsibilities will be determined in response to business needs but may include problem solving and driving of work for the Chief of Staff to the CDTO, Agile Transformation, Culture and Skills & Capability along with creating dashboard and scorecards to ensure the successful delivery of the Tech Transformation pillars.
The role reports to the Senior Director, Tech Strategy & Performance.
- Provide oversight for the following priorities; working with the Senior Director Tech Strategy & Performance to:
Align the Global Tech Community around a shared vision and purpose; clarifying priorities and ensuring all are clear on progress and their contribution to this vision and our IPTc Commitment.
- Enable the successful delivery of Business As Usual and the Future Ready programme; ensuring the provision of structure and direction to monitor and control activities to realise the Tech Strategy.
- Collaborate with the Business Operations Leads/Transformation leads/Pillar leads to ensure that effective and suitable solutions and processes are executed and that the correct measures and reporting are in place to facilitate smooth execution of the Tech Strategy.
- Provide appropriate support, guidance, training and advice to stakeholders for the identification and provision of added value to Tech; securing continued alignment to the strategy, supported by new ways of working and capability
- Prepare reports and presentations for Leadership, Governance Meetings, Stakeholders etc. and drive process for data collection and reporting - analysing information and asserting messages to drive behavioural change and quality of updates.
- Support the culture and engagement campaigns to deliver on our transformation, #TechTogether and the Modern Employer; leading to increased employee engagement and making Tech a great place to work.
- Provision of services to the Chief of Staff to the CDTO
- Perform - Deep Dives- activities on key issues and identify solutions; forming and deploying strategies and plans of
action to drive value and continuous improvement as required
- Engage in specific projects as agreed with the Chief of Staff and deemed as being key priorities for the CDTO; surfacing strategic challenges and opportunities for GSK
- Provide troubleshooting and problem solving expertise for key issues/priority projects on behalf of CDTO; triaging and providing air traffic control to ensure the correct focus and assignment of resource
- Engage with the Senior Director, Tech Strategy and Performance to:
- Establish and deploy the framework by which Tech Strategy and Performance can operate as a highly performing team; facilitating meetings, team building and delivering to the People Strategy agenda on succession planning, Performance
and Talent Management and capability build.
- Foster a strong, high-performance Tech Strategy and Performance Team with a focus on psychological safety; creating a culture of openness and objectivity and ensuing that issues and risks are well managed.
- Drive employee engagement (and scores) across the Tech Strategy & Performance team and manage improvements
across the Global Tech population; partnering with Communications and the Let's Talk Community
- We are looking for a Tech Capability Delivery Manager and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
Fluency in GSK business processes and organisational structure; strong business and digital acumen Track record in supporting tracking, analysis, reporting of programmes and/or projects
- Operational experience of agile ways of working in a mature technology organisation with the ability to provide expert advice and consulting.
- Prior involvement in strategic activities or projects especially in performance management (OKRs, outcomes, measures, scorecards), Strong understanding across Global Tech to enable appropriate direction setting; managing the balance of the Big Picture (IPTc) with the tactical needs and priorities of the Tech functions. Essentially solving problems, creating opportunities without compromising our strategy.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.