GSK - Service Analyst (3-7 yrs)
Are you looking to expand your technical expertise in data recovery in a global environment that allows you to keep pace with the speed of change? At GSK, we are transforming how new technologies are used to improve performance across the organization.
- Demonstrated experience within offshore environment and working with offshore vendors.
- Demonstrated success in Managing IT services and projects to meet the needs of business within agreed SLAs, time and budget.
- Demonstrated up to date knowledge of service operations policies, processes, procedures for service delivery, and reporting procedures. In particular, the applications and continuous improvement of ITIL processes.
- Demonstrates an understanding of service definition and process improvement methodologies
- Can demonstrate client management skills having the ability to drive outcomes & manage client expectations
- Good understanding of business area strategic goals, processes and workflow, and of the IT tools deployed in support.
- Is familiar with the concepts, standards, technology, tools, processes, procedures, hardware, software and services in use for delivering information services.
- Good communication and presentation skills with the capability to listen and influence stakeholders at all Levels
- Ability to make appropriate technical decisions, initiating action to resolve operational issues.
- Will be responsible for the day to day support, compliance, maintenance, lifecycle management and planning of data extracts from a variety of applications.
- The service owner will be working and interacting directly with all Tech groups (Tech Business Partners, EIS, Tech
- Delivery & Support), business owners/users, external product vendors, data vendors, and offshore support suppliers; setting and monitoring service levels and conducting service reviews with all areas.
- Responsible for identification and execution of service improvements that will lead to lower cost of ownership for GSK. The service owner will be responsible for the management and remediation of any audit or compliance findings per GSK standards (Sarbox, WADs, Security, GxP, etc)
- Provides the linkage of technology and business process understanding to quickly restore service, including the creation of facile and creative workarounds, as necessary across 2-3 business processes/services and associated applications (5-15+ applications), supporting large user populations, across multiple business units/geographies), or support business critical processes.
- Participates in troubleshooting in applications across multiple technology domains and business areas. Negotiate with relevant parties in respect of disruptions & major amendments to the provision of services
- Ensures accurate and easy processes are followed to ensure ongoing continuity of knowledge including:
- Application dependencies (across applications, hardware)
- How applications support the business process
- Service Designs and commitments, including how well the applications perform against the service designs
- Recommends improvements to these processes to simplify approach across all of Application Services.
- Lead and champion continuous improvements that improve end-user experience, reduce risk and/or lower the cost of ownership of the overall business process/service on an ongoing basis.
- Liaison with vendors to ensure support services is maintained
- Responsible for ensuring that the GSK Standard Processes are applied and adhered to including embedding and adopting standard ways of working in accordance with AS Quality Risk and Compliance policies.
- Ensuring agreed transition processes and schedules are followed to ensure successful introduction of new services or versions of existing services.
- Monitor service performance against SLAs and produce service reports and escalate as required for business-critical impact.
- Define, document, agree, monitor, measure, report and review the level of IT services. Review Service Delivery to
ensure that agreed targets are met and prepare proposals to meet forecast changes in the level or type of service provided.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well