GSK - Senior Tech Service Manager (5-9 yrs)
- GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
- This is an exciting time to join GSK. The Tech Service Manager will manage the provisioning of IT support services for a portfolio of Digital Marketing Tech products, applications or services and to manage the outsource partner required (globally/locally) to achieve this.
- This is focused on appropriate pro-active application lifecycle management, infrastructure lifecycle management and good ITIL principles. This role manages the execution of processes for the management of Incident, Problem, Service Requests, and Organizational change for the portfolio of applications handled within Digital Marketing Tech.
- The primary goal is to ensure that the levels of IT service delivery are achieved both for existing and new services in accordance with the agreed targets and SLAs. The role will help develop and implement strategies to simplify the operating environment and lower the total cost of ownership of assigned services in partnership with the product engineering teams.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- The Tech Service Manager will be responsible for developing and leading a team of outsources Service Specialist for the day to day support, compliance, maintenance, lifecycle management and planning for the Digital Marketing Tech's infrastructures, products and applications used within their service area and ensuring the support strategy is in alignment with the overall Tech and business direction.
- The manager will be working and interacting directly with all Tech groups (Engineering Managers, Engineering Directors, Product Engineering Teams), business owners/users, external product vendors, data vendors, and offshore support suppliers; setting and monitoring service levels, and conducting service reviews with all areas.
- Responsible for identification and execution of service improvements that will lead to lower cost of ownership for GSK. The manager will be responsible for the management and remediation of any audit or compliance findings per GSK standards and execution of routine testing of agreed IT Continuity Plans.
- Serve as point of contact for service operations performance with the Product Owners and Tech Engineering teams
- Define, document, agree, monitor, measure, report and review the level of Tech services provided
Monitor service performance against SLAs and produce service reports and escalate as required for business critical impact.
- Determine, document and agree requirements for new services and produce Service Level Requirements.
- Ensuring agreed transition processes and schedules are followed to ensure successful introduction of new services or versions of existing services.
- Responsible for ensuring that the GSK Standard Processes are applied and adhered to including embedding and adopting standard ways of working in accordance with Quality Risk and Compliance policies.
- Will lead team in the elimination of support and maintenance costs associated with assets by decommissioning, or consolidating similar products.
- Manage escalation management SWAT team to ensure timely resolution of major outages or incidents.
- Negotiate with relevant parties in respect of disruptions & major amendments to the provision of services.
- Review Service Delivery to ensure that agreed targets are met and prepare proposals to meet forecast changes in the level or type of service
- Liaison with vendors to ensure support services is maintained.
- Set clear direction and objectives by defining and establishing team performance measures and standards which underpin overall objectives.
- We are looking for a Senior Tech Service Manager and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- Knowledge and experience working with Six Sigma/Lean Sigma processes and tools.
- Demonstrated success in Managing IT services and projects to meet the needs of business within agreed SLAs, time and budget
- Application Development and transition
- Application Operations
- Systems Architecture
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well