GSK - Senior Product Manager - DevOps - Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Data Product Operations (10-15 yrs)
- GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
- This is an exciting time to join GSK. The development of best-in-industry Data capabilities is critical to our ambition to be most innovative Vaccines company. Combining various data streams and providing data near real-time data and visualizations are key component to achieve our ambitions.
- DevOps product manager (DataOps / AIML Ops) is a key role that will contribute to a next generation data ops and AI/ML ops capabilities from data collection to submission building functional excellence, contributing to development, implementation, and adoption of new technologies in support of delivering across therapeutic/capability areas of responsibility. He/she will play a central role in design, build & integration of all emerging technologies and cutting-edge Data/AIML Ops capabilities across data ecosystem for Vx.
- This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- As the Sr. Product Manager of DevOps in GSK, your role will directly impact the achievement of Vx Tech objectives. We expect this individual to carry the people leadership, be in the forefront of technology and help the Vaccines Data, Analytics & AI organization to embrace and adopt modern ways of data management, ingestion and serving out analytics.
To succeed the role will essentially focus on:
- Strong engineering and technology background with the ability to learn quickly and go deep into our product solutions - will have a DevOps mindset
- Excellent listener; proven collaborator with executive leaders, peers and staff
- Have the competencies to build very strong partnerships with other technology leaders that enable your team's ability to stay on the leading edge of industry solutions
- Hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" collaborative style of working
- Bring energy and enthusiasm to the job and organization
- History of taking smart, calculated risks and aggressively leading through change
- Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals
- People management and organizational transformation skills are essential to the success of the role. To drive transformation, he/she will contribute in platform designs, development aspects with focus on delivering end-to-end solutions and build reusable framework and utilities.
- Work with our Core Technology partners to build and run a well-architected API, Container, Streaming Data, Data & Analytics, Cloud and Continuous Delivery platform and services in our Enterprise Cloud platforms
- Streamline the release process and drive continuous integration and delivery practices leveraging pipelines and automation
- Responsible for DevOps and Cloud Engineering Enablement with the overall goal of dramatically improving development productivity, quality and time to market as well as client experience metrics for availability, usability and responsiveness
- Drive self-service, - X-as-a-service- app developer platform services for cloud applications
- Work to modernize our existing tech stacks and data platforms
- Strong knowledge of data architecture implemented in the cloud
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery (CICD) pipelines
- Manage the delivery of an enterprise data lake in support of analytics, reporting and data science
- Define and manage Data processes including Ingestion, curation, data governance, Data Quality, data cataloging and CI/CD
- Mange the day to day operations of the data lake and all data ingestion/Curation pipelines along with support for all production level assets
- Maintain operational SLAs including system up-time, time to respond, time to resolve and closure rates.
- Define training and growth strategy for team
Enable delivery of AI/ML solutions to Vx enterprise by creating and maintaining architecture using leading AI technology frameworks
- Plan the implementation of solutions, choosing the right technologies and evaluating the evolution of the architecture as the business needs change.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of AI applications as well as the specific infrastructure to effectively create and deliver architecture roadmap
- Stay current with the emerging technology trends and demonstrate vast knowledge of tools and technologies within the AI industry, that are applicable to build products for vaccines busines. Identify opportunities to apply the latest
advancements in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to the fields of biology, chemistry, and medicine
- Educate the organization both from IT and the business perspectives on these new approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results
- Demonstrate a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and programming knowledge to be able to quickly cycle hypothesis through the discovery phase of the project and excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner.
We are looking for a Sr Product Manager - Data Product Ops and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
Bachelor's in engineering or sciences or equivalent relevant experience required.
- 10+ years of experience in building, and managing data and analytics applications is required
- 6 - 8 years of experience building, deploying and scaling applications using cloud based Data Lake technologies
- Experience with modern data engineering tools (Talend, Spark, Snowflake)
- Data Ingestion, curation and Quality tools and processes
- Experience in ETL / Data Integration tools Talend, Python, Pyspark
- Agile, DevOps & Automation of testing, build, deployment, CI/CD, etc.
- Data science (e.g. AI/ML), data analytics & data quality/integrity
- Knowledge of product management
- Knowledge of Cloud Based Big Data platforms to design and implement state of the art scalable solutions.
- Knowledge of Data Governance and Quality standards to support the implementation of robust data quality and
- Knowledge of agile delivery to provide leadership with applying agile techniques to the team ways of working
- Experience in working with different integration architectures for identity, data, or infrastructure and cloud
- Ability to design complex system integrations of AI technologies with traditional API-driven platforms, using best
practices for security and performance
- A higher degree in Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics,
Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry or related quantitative field
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters or equivalent experience.
- Experience with data structures (i.e., information management), data models or relational database design.
- Subject matter expertise with relevant business process.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.