GSK - Senior Principle/Head - Procurement Delivery Centre (18-23 yrs)
- GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
- In Global Procurement we have a unique opportunity to bring an enterprise approach and knowledge with industry-leading insights, to our strategic priorities and deliver the benefits to our patients and customers. We- re partnering with business units and using our expertise to drive value, diversity and flexibility from our suppliers to invest in accelerating the discovery, development and commercialization of an exciting pipeline of new products. With a stream of diversity and interesting projects.
- Procurement is a fascinating area with tremendous scope for progress.
- As part of this programme we're excited to expand our presence in India with a new world class Global Capability Centre (GCC) in Bangalore. It is our ambition to bring together the best and brightest minds, ready to join us in our work to improve the lives of patients and consumers around the globe.
- In this role the Head of the Procurement Global Delivery Centre (GDC) will be leading a large team of procurement professionals split between India and Poland, the Head of Global Delivery Centre is accountable for the delivery of the critical Source to Contract service which will deliver sourcing, negotiation, contract execution, and supplier lifecycle management services to the global procurement organisation. This service is a cornerstone of the future procurement operating model and will enable the function to industrialise its core operation; driving best practice, consistency of execution, and continual improvement.
- The role is also accountable for the transition to, and ongoing delivery of, the future ready procurement operation model as it relates to the GDC. As such the role is pivotal to the successful execution of the procurement future ready transformation.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- Accountable for the management of the Global Delivery Centre (GDC) operations, including the delivery of sourcing, supplier lifecycle management, service delivery, and customer engagement.
- Responsible for the delivery of benefits identified in strategies (local, regional and global), through effective and collaborative strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation
- Accountable for circa - 2bn in sourcing across all indirect and direct categories of spend, delivering in excess of 1000 projects per year
- Accountable for the implementation of the GDC operating model, the role will lead the set-up of, and transition to the new GDC operating model.
- Accountable for ensuring the GDC meets agreed service levels for operational performance such as on time delivery, adherence to process, savings delivery, and operating budget
- Support procurement professionals in the identification and delivery of both strategic and tactical programs that will deliver the functions savings targets (agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the agreed Savings Methodology)
- As a key leadership position within the function the role will build strong relationships across the function, fostering a culture of collaboration, customer focus, and functional excellence for procurement.
- Build strategic relationship with a network of senior GSK stakeholders to identify opportunities to further
- Procurement's value proposition.
Drive operational efficiency:
Accountable for the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives in the global delivery centre. Year on year improvements should be made through productivity improvements of the GDC, increasing capacity or reducing size; process rationalisation and simplification; and improved capability, i.e. increasing the size and complexity of projects being executed.
Through collaboration with the LOC and global category teams, ensure the service meets key business and customer needs such as cost control, supplier complexity reduction, category simplification, best practise supplier management, and adherence to contracts.
Partner closely with BG&S Procurement Global Process Owner team on system and process optimization
External supplier relationships:
- Support operational relationships with a high volume of key global/regional/local suppliers and develop processes to ensure value is driven from these relationships.
- Provide strategic oversight for the robust performance management processes, ensuring supplier performance is understood and measured and key insights are brought back into category strategies. Identify and manage significant risks in the global/regional/local supply chain. Develop appropriate mitigation plans and communicate effectively to appropriate category/LOC/business teams.
- We are looking for professionals with these skills to achieve our goals. If you have them, we would like to speak to you.
- Demonstrated experience of successfully leading and managing large teams across multiple countries, preferably in a shared service context.
- Demonstrated expertise in Procurement processes development, particularly with respect to source to contract and supplier relationship management
- Demonstrated experience in leading complex sourcing initiatives from strategy through to contract negotiation and completion. (Must include eSourcing through platforms cush as Ariba)
- Demonstrated significant experience in managing projects across geographies with consideration of diverse of categories.
- Ideally, a minimum of 18 years- experience in a procurement management role in a service business/ function, shared service center, captive centre or capability center.
- Proven ability to manage multiple complex stakeholders.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of requirements to successfully establish a global capability centre.
- Ability to identify and escalate roadblocks, risks and issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Good exposure in previous roles to multicultural, multi-functional environments.
- Ability to effectively motivate and lead a matrix managed team.
- Ability to manage external contractors.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the above capabilities
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well