GSK - Senior Principal Engineer - Data Science (14-22 yrs)
Senior Principal Engineer - Data Science
- Lead data science efforts by partnering with leaders from across the business to translate the company's business objectives, market opportunities & portfolio of offerings into formal and cohesive global commercial strategies.
- The primary focus of your efforts will be on streamlining strategic decision information, uncover new opportunities and automating commercial execution to ensure last mile value.
In this role you will :
- Apply a broad array of analytics skills including machine learning, statistics, text-mining/NLP, and modeling to extract insights from structured and unstructured data sources and complementary real-world & digital information streams to business challenges
- Developing and evolving core commercial models used across all analytics packages. Examples of the models will be: Multi-Channel Analytics, Patient Pathways, Omni-Channel Segmentation, Territory Design, Customer Targeting, Attribution Modeling, & Predictive Commercial Mix
- Design data test and learn experiments to drive personalized solutions across the customer journeys addressing key customer needs as well as enabling personalized experiences across each touch points through connective analytics
- Collaborate across business to prototype, launch and Iterate analytics capabilities that quickly scale globally
- Lead the development and implementation measurement planning aligning to strategy
- Lead the collaborate with local and global teams to ensure data driven decisions are embedded into business process.
- Automate analytics models and simplify information management
- Consult with markets, regions, and leadership on defining the business questions to apply to be answered with analytic and then pulled through for measured value.
About you :
- This position requires technical knowledge, but also significant interpersonal and communication ability. We are looking for someone who can work effectively across boundaries - both cultural and functional.
- This international role requires partnership with other business areas, companies and countries, meaning a flexible communication style and astute cultural awareness are highly valued.
- You'll work in a matrix , inspiring change rather than commanding action, so leadership capability is a must.
- As a leader within the organisation, we need an agile , confident decision maker - someone able to solve sophisticated problems with effective solutions.
Required qualifications and skills :
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, with considerable years of demonstrated experience in developing product-level ML algorithms, with a proven track record of successfully delivering applied research to production
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis skills, with expertise in developing or applying predictive analytics, statistical modelling, data and text mining/NLP, or machine learning algorithms on structured and unstructured data, at scale
- Applied research experience in machine learning or deep learning or information retrieval or data analytics
- Develop insights and storylines through translation of analysis and modeling
- Build and deploy tools and methodologies to create solutions enabling analytics and measurement of sales and marketing activities (e.g., market-mix modeling, cross-channel attribution, omni-channel segmentation and customer targeting, patient pathways, omni-channel customer journey analysis and optimization etc.)
- End to end experience in retrieving data and developing an executive-level analysis through advanced analytics techniques
- Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change. Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.