GSK - Senior Principal - Data Strategy/Operations (10-15 yrs)
Are you energized by an opportunity to leverage your leadership skills to shape and drive scientific teams that are at the forefront of biopharmaceutical technology? If so, this Product Technology Director role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a Product Technology Director, you will be responsible for leading a highly technical team of biopharmaceutical scientists and the biopharmaceutical technology laboratory. You will direct managers across multiple biopharmaceutical manufacturing sites.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Manage a portfolio of products and take ownership of complex/major/multiple projects by taking accountability for the progress of laboratory projects against agreed timelines, budget and quality.
- Liaise with all levels of management and customers.
- Attract, develop, and retain scientists (PhDs, MS, BS) that are at the forefront of biopharmaceutical technology deploying innovative technology solutions to advance our manufacturing processes.
- Develop and embed strategy for laboratory bench scale and pilot scale equipment to assure technology and capability is current state-of-the-art and supports R&D process platform and vision.
- Responsible for the introduction of new processes into the site as tech transfer receiver and support any transfers from the site to other facilities as tech transfer donor.
- Lead development of technical strategy, design of experiments, scale-down modelling and direct execution of laboratory studies to assure successful scale-up.
- Develop strategy, design of experiments, process validation protocols, direct execution of studies and oversee process validation at full-scale, and author reports.
- Evaluate new step changing technology platforms for GSK in partnership with R&D, Advanced Manufacturing Technologies (AMT), and external third parties and industrialize agreed technologies.
- Oversee analytical scientists responsible for assay transfer, development, optimization, and qualification of assays to characterize product and support productivity improvement and manufacturing investigations.
- Direct laboratory support for all phases of Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) contracted programs.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master's degree in a scientific discipline
- 10 years of experience in biopharmaceutical development
- Broad experience in cell culture, purification, and analytical methods
- Experience leading groups in a biopharmaceutical or manufacturing environment
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD in scientific discipline
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), regulatory guidelines and validation practices
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK.
In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in - gsk.com-, you should disregard the same
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well