GSK - Senior Manager - Publication Management (6-8 yrs)
Are you energized by a scientific writing role that allows you to shape operational strategy and accelerate compliance? If so, this Scientific & Medical Writing Manager role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
This role will oversee the execution of publications plans in compliance with GSK policies as well as with all related good publication practices and guidelines. The team's mission is to ensure high quality and timely delivery of scientific publications according to set plans
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following :
- This role is responsible, in conjunction with the Publication Management team and cross-functional teams, for driving the timely delivery of high-quality publications, in compliance with GSK policies as well as with all related good publication practices and guidelines.
- The role is responsible to raise and maintain high level of standards for publication practice through the scrupulous respect of an established, auditable process, and transparency of process to involved stakeholders. This role is responsible for understanding business needs and work with Therapy area Publications Directors to ensure publication plans or part of publications plans are delivered as per project expectations.
- The role will oversee the delivery of the plan by working with in house functions and service providers according to the sourcing strategy identified.
In partnership with the relevant publication planning teams, assure successful management of GSKs delivery.
- Work with and oversee publication vendors to ensure deliverables are of high quality, delivered in a timely manner, and in budget.
- Provide direction to third party vendor relating to compliance with company policies/ standards, any enquiries requiring escalation/ customization, corrections resulting from quality control activities and training of new hires or ongoing therapeutic area/product, as applicable.
- Schedule, manage, and run regular Publication delivery meetings, and assure key discussions and assignments are captured and implemented.
- Ensure the use of good publications practices and principles among authors and internal stakeholders to guarantee that all publications are being authored, written and reviewed according to good publication practice standards (GPP/ICMJE guidelines) and are consistent with all relevant company policies.
- Ensure vendor outputs are of the highest quality in terms of scientific accuracy, grammar and flow, and that key messages are consistent across documents with adherence to company standards.
- Maintain cross-functional awareness of emerging publications to ensure coordinated roll-out of multi-channel communications.
- Manage vendor budget and activities & oversee quality/timeline of vendor work.
- Oversight of publication repository and Datavision account management for external vendors and internal resources
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals :
- Master's Degree/ PhD in Life sciences or Medical background or equivalent with expertise in a particular area of medicine or clinical science.
- At least 6-8 years of experience in scientific writing, regulatory writing, publications writing and processes
- Expertise across all aspects of scientific publication strategy, planning and execution during all phases of drug development and commercialization process (investigational, registrational, pre and post-launch and marketed)
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in Pharmaceutical company environment and specifically in matrix organization
- Good working knowledge of good publications practices and guidance (GPP3/ ICMJE), Sunshine Act, Pharma Code of Conduct and other guidance related to pre and post-marketing practices and scientific data communications.
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with publications management and review tools and systems (i.e. Datavision).
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.