GSK - Senior Data Scientist - Analytics & AI Product Management (10-15 yrs)
- GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
- This is an exciting time to join GSK. Given the increased focus on data and analytics, we need additional brains to ensure the right AI/ML design criteria are made. For this reason, the role of Senior Data Scientist has been added.
In the emerging data and analytics world, AI/ML plays a key role, and the Senior Data Scientist must be a creative thinker and propose innovative ways to look at problems by using data mining approaches on the set of information available.
- They will need to validate their findings using an experimental and iterative process. These approaches involve trial and error and may require multiple cycles, so are best addressed using iterative development methods such as agile or lean. Innovation happens at cross-roads; the Senior Data Scientist can bring substantial in-depth knowledge from his/her field to other areas.
- This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- Senior Data Scientist is accountable for delivering various AI/ML capabilities and projects, including business as usual operations for Vx tech organization. They need to ensure that they are focused on delivering value at optimal cost while ensuring that GSK Tech is looking far enough into the future to guide the business.
- Accountable for all the business process identified in the scope below and contributing to the development of our AI/ML capabilities Strategy. In your role, you will collaborate with other functional teams and digital innovation team to ensure the optimal portfolio of applications exists to support the business.
- Identify critical business problems and create analytical/modelling solutions while maintaining the right balance between speed to market and analytical soundness when designing solutions.
- Influence machine learning strategy for a program/project; explores design options to assess efficiency and impact, develop approaches to improve robustness and rigour.
- Be a key contributor to the planning and direction of a project and effectively prioritize goals.
- Lead discussions at peer review and uses quantitative skills to positively influence decision making.
- Represent GSK externally to advance technical capability across the Industry.
- Identify opportunities to apply the latest advancements in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to the fields of
biology, chemistry, and medicine.
- Create algorithms to extract information from large, multiparametric data sets.
- Deploy your algorithms to production to identify actionable insights from large databases.
- Compare results from various methodologies and recommend best techniques to stake holders.
- Design, develop and implement analytical solutions using a variety of commercial and open source tools (common tools include Python, R, TensorFlow).
- Develop and embed automated processes for predictive model validation, deployment, and implementation.
- Connect and collaborate with subject matter experts in R&D, GIO-Q, Commercial and Medical.
- Make impactful contributions to internal discussions on emerging machine learning methodologies.
- Educate the organization both from IT and the business perspectives on these new approaches, such as testing
hypotheses and statistical validation of results.
- Provide thought leadership: facilitate cross-geography fertilization of ideas and implements key principles/best-
practices and guidelines across the categories.
- Enable the future BI / Analytics infrastructure and self-service model.
- Demonstrate a combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem-solving skills and programming knowledge to be able to quickly cycle hypothesis through the discovery phase of the project and excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner.
We are looking for a Sr Data Scientist and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- A higher degree (PhD preferred) in Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry or related quantitative field
- 10+ years of experience in any at least 2 of the AI domains: NLP, NLG, Computer Vision, etc.
- Experience with Quantum AI/ML, federated AI/ML, or Encrypted AI/ML big plus
- Knowledge of Cloud (Azure or AWS or Google Cloud) platform infrastructure and on-prem to run and optimize distributed data applications
- Experience understanding of a programming language such as Python.
- Experience with at least one deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Experience/Familiarity with standard deep learning algorithms (CNN, LSTM, etc.)
- Experience with AI/ML Devops and CI/CD
- Experience producing high-quality code, tests, documentation
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well