GSK - Senior Data Architect (5-10 yrs)
- GSK Consumer Healthcare is seeking to make a “Step Change in Digital, Data & Analytics” and is establishing a new-from-the-ground-up Analytics Platform purpose built to help execute on that vision. As a result, we are looking for an Architect to join our Data & Analytics team.
- We envision the architect to perform activities related to defining and identifying what our analytics platform should look like and then also drive data architecture activities. This role has a focus on the Data Architectures required to make this global analytics platform a success.
Technical Architecture : Related to the tech platform / stack piece, we would look for the ideal candidate to assist in formulating and defining overall data architecture and associated specification of the data storage, data processing methodologies & approaches, cloud hosting and API’s that will give this platform the best chance to succeed in the commercial environment and ensure that we can continue to leverage and scale the tech stack for additional and future analytics initiatives.
Data Architecture : Related to the data architecture piece, activities will include providing leadership and guidance with enterprise data strategies and selecting the appropriate technology platforms; governance practices, and standards; and partnering with security architects to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates.
Forward Looking: Additional responsibilities include evaluating and recommending emerging technologies and standards. Keep abreast of industry developments in analytics and be able to interpret how these would impact services and present new opportunities.
- We expect 30% of the role to be technical architecture focused, 60% of the role to have a Data Architecture focus and the remaining 10% to be forward looking and Analytics Architecture strategy focused. We also envision this architect to work closely with the enterprise GSK platforms team on architecture and platform provisioning activities.
We are looking for professionals with these skills to achieve our goals. If YOU have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience as an architect (cloud, data, etc.) with demonstrated expertise in emerging technologies and data technology platforms and management.
- Experience with data modeling and distributed data architecture concepts, knowledge of agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design or equivalent experience, with weighting on experience and proven track record preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
- Experience in technology architecture of cloud-based analytics and/or big data solutions and development of such solutions in a world-class innovative company.
- Experience of the Azure data components, Data Bricks, Azure DW/Synapse, Spark, ADL, Power BI & Microsoft Visual Studio is a must.
- Have experience of working in agile environment architecting and designing solutions in DEVOPS ways of delivery
- Data Science and Machine Learning approaches is a bonus.
- Ability to work in close partnership with other IT functions such as IT security, compliance, infrastructure, etc. as well as partner closely with business stakeholders in the commercial and digital organizations.
- Build an overview of all the data sets within their domain and the relationships between those data sets
Work with the Data Owners and Data Stewards to produce a conceptual data model for each new data set within their domain, or reuse existing models where possible
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.