GSK - Senior Category Manager - MPC (10-15 yrs)
Job description :
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
Posted Date: Apr 19 2021
GSK is one of the world's foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
Are you a Procurement expert with the confidence and creativity to negotiate and innovate? Join us and make an impact on our business on a whole range of levels.
GSK Procurement is a pioneering, influencing function with approximately 800 members across 50 countries who buy goods and services on a global scale and support our core functions. But we do more in global procurement than just purchase things. We partner with business units to drive value from supplier relationships to support GSK's strategies and targets to ensure a secure supply in all areas of our business - from pharmaceutical development to consumer health products. With a stream of diverse and interesting projects, Procurement is a fascinating area with tremendous scope for progress.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
The manufacturing Procurement centre (MPC) provides the critical, cross border and flexible procurement leadership across global/ regional category ownership, strategy and global strategic initiatives for Direct Procurement. As such, the MPC will play a critical role in delivering both the in-year savings, create and deliver category strategies and the functions long term operating model.
Value generation :
- Develop, execute, implement and manage comprehensive global sourcing strategies for MPC owned categories.
Drive best practice from value ideation to contract execution.
Borderless procurement :
- Lead the execution of assigned strategic category initiatives globally on behalf of categories, regions and/or site procurement teams.
- Identify and deliver business benefits aligned to assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation and delivering stakeholders and business partner requirements through execution of category strategies.
- Embed ways of working and capabilities in Directs and Sites Procurement
- Drive continuous improvement on WoW for D&S procurement (e.g. Supplier performance Mgt).
- Champion adoption of new competencies within the team (e.g. e-auctions).
- Independently manages or supports global categories/commodities.
- Will work globally requiring high cultural awareness but operate with medium to lower spend.
- Manages medium to low complexity spend categories.
Strategy Development :
- Lead the development, management and implementation of comprehensive strategies on a global or regional basis that deliver the business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation.
Strategy Implementation :
- Execute sourcing strategies for spend categories in scope of responsibility aligned with the requirements of stakeholders and business partners with cooperation with Global Categories team.
- Deliver benefits identified in strategies, local, regional and global, through effective and collaborative strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation.
- Negotiates regional or global contracts with suppliers that secure favourable terms for procurement of goods and services contracts in line with the agreed business requirements.
- Lead strategic relationships with critical suppliers providing secure and cost-effective sources for relevant commodities.
- Lead and implement regional or global key projects to support savings delivery or risk mitigation.
- Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
- Build strategic relationships with GSK stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement's value proposition. Align sourcing strategies accordingly.
- Represent the category on relevant strategy development and supply chain forums.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to deploy strategies globally/regionally, facilitated by robust implementation and transition plans.
- Demonstrated success in collaboration with a wide range of senior leaders across [business areas] and supplier.
- Resolve escalations, including from senior business stakeholders, timely and tactfully
- Understand and efficiently navigate organizational complexity to deliver set goals
External supplier relationships :
- Manage the supply base for the regional or global categories within scope through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured.
Supply chain & risk management :
- Lead development and implementation of regional or global Risk Mitigation strategies to ensure security of supply.
Awareness and adherence to risk/ regulatory/ compliance requirements.
- Balance both strategic and operational requirements, managing any supply interruptions that may occur.
- Contract planning, negotiation, execution, interpretation and maintenance; supports the negotiation process, maintains contracts and relationships .
Business Strategy :
- Implement Global Procurement processes, policies, guidelines, strategies locally and ensure compliance.
- Implement and help embed new ways of working and processes to the wider Directs team.
- Responsible to select, train, supervise, develop and evaluate MPC team members reporting directly into you.
- Lead and motivate team members towards the pursuit of operational excellence and attainment of best practices. In addition, promote empowerment and process ownership
If you have these skills, we would like to speak to you:
- 10-15 years of relevant procurement experience
- This role should have strong demonstrated procurement expertise in commercial and contract negotiations, strategic sourcing, direct category management, cost model synthesis and supplier relationship management for delivering multi-country, high spend complex engagements.
- Demonstrated experience in navigating through organizational complexity, collaborating simultaneously with multiple teams, influencing without authority, handling escalations and associated business impact.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and utilising complex business processes in all GSK supplier transactions, including all risk/regulatory/compliance Strong experience in using tools like Ariba or other equivalent sourcing
- Good understanding of Procurement tools such as sourcing, quotation analysis, contract negotiation, supplier review, supplier development and others
- Good Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues, and work in partnership with others to drive, implement and support
- Good ability to manage sensitive partnerships, strong influencing and stakeholder partnering skills coupled with excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - fluent English.
- Demonstrated experience in managing global/ regional projects
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and utilizing complex business processes in all GSK supplier transactions, including all risk/regulatory/compliance
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.