GSK - Regional Manager - Taxation (3-6 yrs)
Job description :
Site Name: India - Maharashtra - Worli Mumbai
Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities :
- There is one RTM Role supports Pan India, which is responsible for a cluster of 10-12 States
- The position assists Senior Manager Taxation in end-to-end GST compliances for the assigned states, implements tax optimization initiatives and supports closure of open IDT litigation by acting as a SPOC for assigned states while working with stakeholders across the company.
- The role will be required to travel to GSK's principal sites of GST registration in each state (typically CFA sites) to review process adherence and full adoption of Tax positions taken by the company.
Area of Responsibility & Effort Allocation :
Indirect Tax Compliance & Governance - ~40% Effort
- Responsible for end to GST compliance i.e. Tax Working, Tax Payments, Tax Return/Declarations filing of assigned states (although good reporting capability has been built into SAP already reviews and upgrades to ensure final data quality is required) Ensure high Quality, validation error-free Data/information shared with ASP / GSP as per agreed compliance calendar. This will require follow through with W&D, P2P & R2R users for rectification Work closely with stakeholders (internal & external- ) including queries from Customers, CFAs, vendors etc. with resolution done with sense of urgency and within agreed SLAs. Compilation of data/information & liaisoning with tax authorities & auditors to ensure clean orders & reports with minimum demand & adverse remarks. Managing escalation for the assigned states Providing inputs and data to populate Pan India Tax Compliance dashboards by 5th of next month to facilitate sign off by Financial Controller. Reconciling tax accounts (filing vs book ledger) on monthly basis for the assigned states Prepare/Review various schedules relating to audits as required under GST Laws (e.g. Turnover reconciliation, e-waybill reconciliation) Working with Pan-India retainers engaged for IDT audits to ensure timely closure of audit points and filing of state level returns on-time.
Tax Assessments and Litigation Support- ~25% Effort :
- Leading and representing GSK/ other group entities at 1st level assessment & audits for the assigned states for Pre & Post GST regime Periodic Review of Reconciliations required for GST reporting (e-waybill reconciliation and Turnover Reconciliation Supports data gathering existing IDT appeals litigation by working closely with Tax CoE
New Initiatives / Tax. Optimization), Cross Functional Support - ~35% Effort :
- Enable 100% availment of GST input credits by serving as bridge between ASP and P2P Finance for ITC reconciliation i.e. GSTR 2A vs Inward Register. Track follow through with Vendors and closure (done by P2P Finance team) Regularly review ageing of input tax credits by State to anticipate potential build-up and work with Tax CoE and Supply Chain to implement initiatives to unwind.
- Aggressively drive implementation of identified tax optimization initiatives Regularly review trends in data gaps / quality issues and re-train users within W&D, P2P & R2R to prevent recurrence Carrying out periodic checks of locations/ CFAs to ensure full adherence to SOPs and confirm proper adoption of Tax positions taken by the company. Follow through on implementation of identified CAPAs arising from audit findings
- Responsible for oversight and high standards of IDT record keeping/ document retention of CFA locations and at digital archives at HO for records, registers, returns & reconciliations. Working with IT support team for report upgrades during changes in business model or as required Creation & Maintenance of tax condition records in CERPs
- Responsible for timely and accurate Returns & Declarations filed under GST for states under purview Responsible for ensuring the changes & improve the process of GST compliance to make it more robust & improving governance Responsible for providing timely audit schedules to Auditors Responsible for 1st level Assessments
Required Skillsets, Specialized Knowledge & Attitude:
- 3+ years preferably worked in MNC /Local Co with highly ethical tax approach High degree of Excel proficiency. Can seamlessly manage large databases (>1m records p.m.)
- Good operational knowledge & conceptual clarity of GST Laws Confident and able to represent GSK in front of Good communication skill with effective execution in time bound manner Owning up responsibility & believer in Go-Getter approach, proactive & self-starter Good team player both internal as well as cross functional Ideally has SAP ERP experience
For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.