GSK - Principal - Purchase To Pay - GPO (2-6 yrs)
Principal - P2P GPO
Full-Time, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
In the Purchase to Pay Global Process Owner team, we work together to provide vital and highly valued P2P processes and solutions to enable and support GSK's strategic priorities. We're looking for agile, high-performing talent with a diverse background and deep experience in P2P to join our new team in Bengaluru. This team works with people across our business worldwide and with external P2P practitioners and partners to shape and deliver our long-term global P2P vision, strategy, objectives and performance goals, together with an operating model required to effectively deliver P2P services to our employees and suppliers. As part of a modern, technology-led Finance function delivering world-class service, you'll have the opportunity to develop your skills to progress in your career while working in a diverse and culturally rich environment with some of the best and brightest in the field.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- As the Global Process Owner (GPO) for Procure to Pay (P2P), you will be accountable to the business for the definition and operational effectiveness ensuring the process within your scope is designed to ultimately drive business benefit and to make it easier for employees utilising the process.
- Assessing external benchmark and best practice trends, as GPO you will support definition of the long-term GSK-wide process vision, strategy, objectives and performance goals, as well as the operating model required to effectively execute the process in scope while ensuring the process vision is aligned with GSK business and IT strategies. You will work very closely with the - Head of Tower-, the - Operational Performance Leads- and other GPOs across the business, to understand touch points and align on opportunities. The areas you will focus on are: Supplier Master Data, Requisition to Purchase, Invoice to Settle, P-Cards, T&E operations, and P2P Help; as well as wider transformation initiatives (M&A, ERP deployments, GFS Transformation).
- The nature of the GPO role will vary over time - sometimes the focus will be on significant transformation and at other times it will be on keeping the process on track and driving process adoption / adherence.
- Establishing clear as-is understanding (issues and challenges) Partnering with business and operational teams to understand the issues and challenges with the - current state- and define and execute the roadmap to transition to the desired - future state- Developing mechanisms to ensure operational performance of the process is optimum (e.g. helping define SLA targets for Operations using Celonis and other tools) Consulting with the business to define and manage business rules, standard policies & procedures (for process, data and service), controls, key performance indicators (KPIs), system roles, target operating model and leading organisational design. Feeding into Procurement and Tech strategies, including defining business cases and securing funding to implement changes to processes and systems. Ensuring system design meets defined business requirements. Look at new technology opportunities like RPA, AI, and others to ensure GSK stays on the forefront of automation. Using Agile ways of working, prioritize the P2P portfolio, working with multiple levels of the business to define problems and understand the business value of solving those problems. Identifying and managing process risks.
- Working with the sub-process directors on your team, evaluating potential initiatives - assessing business / stakeholder alignment, priority, urgency, ROI etc Developing and utilising robust prioritisation criteria and tools. Creating compelling business cases for change and driving initiative approvals through appropriate governance channels. Inputting into detailed solution / system design. Managing the impact of new initiatives on - live- markets / entities Owning and ensuring process documentation (e.g. GSOPs) and other supporting material (e.g. end user self help content) are developed and maintained Monitoring end user support, training and communication effectiveness (in conjunction with the - Head of Process and Operations- ) for further improvement opportunities Defining the capability (both technical and behavioural) required to operate a world class business process and work with partners within GSK (e.g. Global Learning & Development) to develop strategies to build the required capability Developing capability of staff directly within own team Monitoring operational efficiency and effectiveness KPIs (baseline and targets) - partnering with business and operational teams to take corrective action, as required Assessing process adoption and process adherence / compliance - triggering appropriate interventions, as required Owning the - Community of Practice- for their specific global process - and using this community to solicit Voice of the Customer Promoting a continuous improvement cycle (i.e. monitor, improve, monitor, adjust) Verifying that business case benefits are realised for any process related improvements
We would like to speak to you if you have these experience and skills :
- P2P Subject matter expertise with strong process improvement experience
- Experience leading multi-functional teams within a matrix environment including managing senior stakeholders
- Project / Programme Management experience
- Familiarity with Agile ways of working
- Strong change leadership experience
- Senior stakeholder management skills and experience engaging business customers
- Ability to stay - close to the ground- (globally) to understand the - real- end-user experience and perspective
- Sound understanding of process simplification and standardization and proven experience in global process roll-out
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and the ability to work flexibly within a matrix team
- Possess solid experience of systems and processes within P2P and integration points with other process areas
- Good knowledge of process design, lean sigma and other process improvement approaches across a global organization
- Broad knowledge across the end-to-end processes and ERP functionality to support these components
- Operational experience in any of the following: finance / supply chain / Customer and credit services
- Experience working with a Business Process Outsourcing provider (e.g. Genpact) to drive cost to serve improvements while retaining processing quality
- Ability to understand data privacy aspects of the business process
- Ability to think strategically at an operating model level as well as at a detailed process specific level
- Knowledge of role design / segregation of duties and internal control requirements.
For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.