GSK - Principal Product Owner (15-20 yrs)
GSK is one of the world’s foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
This is an exciting time to join GSK. The senior product owner will find new and exciting ways to drive the business forward through the power of data. This role is within the Commercial Data Analytics and Insights organization. This team is passionate about bringing together data and technology capabilities to allow for the organization to become data driven in every decision to drive revenue and growth.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- As the Data Driven Marketing Senior Product Owner, you will be responsible for what is delivered on your specific analytics products, with a keen focus on insight automation and commercial execution across the marketing ecosystem.
- You will drive the implementation of the end to end solutions from concept through development and deployment lifecycle; including budgeting, project management, problem solving and strategizing with business partners. The candidate will be required to partner with various business strategy and execution teams, internal data dev ops teams as well as with 3rd party vendors to design, develop, and scale these capabilities.
- Manage projects and influence resources across DevOps, data governance and product management to execute the charter of the Commercial Data Analytics and Insights
- Effectively coordinate with a large number of internal stakeholders where there will be influence but not authority
- Works independently under minimal mentorship with regular alignment with management teams
- Provides formal and informal mentor on-the-job to grow team members to their full potential.
- Delivers results through others, leveraging the ability to lead through influence – performance measured on outcomes
- We are looking for a Principal Product Owner and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
15+ years working in Data & Analytics (preferably with martech stack within Retail, CPG, Insurance, Banking or Consulting industries).
- 5+ years experience in product management, product development and project delivery.
- Prior work experience in developing and deploying analytic solutions to support key business needs including, but not limited to: lead acquisition strategies, customer nurturing programs, retargeting, dynamic advertising, content personalization, recommendation engines.
- Deep understanding of platforms and tools needed to optimally execute data driven marketing strategies across owned and 3rd party channels.
- An end-user, customer-first mindset open to changing requirements and complex solutions.
Statistics/ML experience a plus but not required.
- Problem solving and multi-tasking ability in a fast-paced, globally distributed environment.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work with business partners in many geo-locations to turn requirements into an actionable data engineering backlog.
- Awareness and understanding of cloud-based product development.
- Ability to analyse complex situations and to derive workable actions - identify, prioritize and weigh options and recommend a value-add solution.
- Ability to constructively challenge requirements and current state to increase overall value to the firm.
- Positive relationship building skills and executive presence.
- Excellent leadership skills coupled with outstanding judgment and tact.
- Ability to understand and integrate cultural differences and motives and to lead virtual cross-cultural, cross-border teams.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Ability to optimally work across the various Markets/Brands to capture requirements and gain consensus.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Marketing Science, Econometrics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM-related area preferred
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK.
In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in - gsk.com-, you should disregard the same.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.