GSK - Lead - Talent Acquisition (5-10 yrs)
Job description :
Site Name: Bengaluru Luxor North Tower
Are you looking for a leadership role in statistical programming that allows you to shape data solutions for critical to the business? If so, this TA Lead role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
- Possesses effective and excellent communication skills and is capable of presenting ideas and data clearly to a group; demonstrates effective listening/communication skills to influence colleagues and stakeholders at a project, matrix and/or departmental level
- Ability to translate complex technical (statistical/programming) methodologies to cross-functional teams (other drug research & development colleagues).
Industry presence & influence:
- May represent GSK at external professional/ industry organization meetings and work on industry-wide issues (e.g., ICH working group, CDISC).
- Will have good knowledge and awareness of leading edge statistical/programming methods and standards used in industry
- Generates creative solutions to deal with organizational problems and opportunities; suggests innovative methods and ways to apply new/existing knowledge.
- Help to find solutions to bridge the gaps between Science and business
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals towards goal achievements; has proven managerial skills and ability to lead teams; ability to develop group’s mastery of statistical/programming methods and demonstrates leadership/influence in the application of innovative approaches.
- With limited supervision, demonstrated ability and willingness to adjust behaviors and priorities based on changing environment.
- Demonstrates clear matrix and/or direct line leadership and proactively provides input to matrix teams on operational issues and processes. Independently builds and maintains effective relationships across departments, functional lines and outsourced partners
- Facilitates the development of others’ (including FLLs’) knowledge and skills; inspires and guides individuals towards goal achievement.
- Makes prudent decisions to achieve desired outcomes, seeking help and input as needed; recommends solutions.
Business Acumen: TA lead statisticians should understands implications of decisions from a broad business perspective and uses this knowledge to influence decision-making within their respective TAs.
- Ensure high quality deliverables from Biostatistics (India) TA programming/statistics team; lead after action reviews, share learnings and implement solutions.
- Operate largely independently but liaise with programming/statistics TA Heads (or representatives) to ensure the effective coordination of training, technical support and the escalation/resolution of complex issues.
- Support and develop others by acting as a coach or mentor; empower staff to work independently by providing decision-making authority and task responsibilities as appropriate based on their skills and potential; proactively encourage and drive staff to take on new areas, especially innovation
- Within Biostatistics (India) group, contribute to quality, efficiency and productivity gains through identification and adoption of strategic opportunities. Lead new directions and novel strategies to achieve local department goals. Act as key technical consultant, when required
- For stats TA Lead, advocate application of, or support, statistical thinking in decision-making and ensure statistical rigor. Work effectively with leaders in other functional areas. Constantly add value to business by adopting innovative methods, publish white/technical papers etc.
- Contribute to and influence strategic planning and direction of a project within TA; manage resources within TA, accounting for portfolio flexes, and provide inputs into resource management at the global TA level, in an agile manner.
Lead recruitment activities to hire talented programmers/statisticians to meet targets as outlined in hiring plan and maintain a keen focus on staff engagement activities to limit attrition.
- Exert influence at the global TA level to expand scope of work in Biostatistics (India), provide growth opportunities for staff, develop self and staff, bring in global level roles (project programmer/statistician role, etc.)
- Contribute to defining strategic direction and delivery of group objectives. Support Biostatistics (India), Bangalore and global process improvement initiatives and strategies. Lead and/or contribute to local/global key initiatives through working groups and sub teams
- Lead or coordinate response to audit/inspection questions, implement agreed Corrective And Preventative Actions (CAPAs) and support effective sharing of learnings across the department.
- Focus on driving, measuring and holding individuals to account for delivering high quality work. Support quality initiatives at both a global and local level.
- Contribute effectively and collaboratively at senior management level both within and beyond own discipline
- Actively engage in risk management evaluation to identify effective risk management strategies for the mitigation of known and anticipated risks. Assures communication and escalation of risk solutions.
- To perform such other tasks where qualified by reason of educational attainment, training or experience as from time to time may be required by management.
Minimum Level of Education:
- Masters Degree in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field with applicable experience.
- MSc. in statistics or higher required for Statistics TA Lead
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies :
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK.
In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in - gsk.com-, you should disregard the same
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well