GSK - Head - Governance/Global Finance Risk Management & Controls (15-20 yrs)
Head of Governance, Global Finance Risk Management and Controls
Job description :
Site Name: India - Maharashtra - Worli Mumbai
Our Global Finance Risk Management Governance team support the Global Finance Organisation to meet its internal and external compliance reporting requirements. We are looking for agile, high-performing talent, Qualified Accountant with experience in governance and risk management among other areas, to provide support to a diverse range of stakeholders across the organisation. As part of a modern, technology-led function delivering world-class service, you will be well-positioned to learn and develop your skills to progress in your career, laterally and vertically, working in a diverse and culturally rich environment with some of the best and brightest in the field.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following :
- This is a business-critical role which will lead the Global Finance Risk Management Governance team in supporting financial requirements and ensure that all compliance reporting is completed in a timely manner and maintain governance over controls which Global Finance operate and/or monitor.
- Lead internal control framework governance (tools, organization, team) to standardize, simplify and strengthen GSK Finance control framework and provide guidance for non-standardized processes
- Drive resolution of control issues and unmitigated global risks by coordinating across Finance, IT, Global Ethics Compliance, Risk Oversight Committee or other specialist personnel to obtain optimal result for GSK.
- Manage the relationship with the external auditors or other third parties (Serious Fraud Office, Securities Exchange Commission) in relation to risk and controls.
- Responsible for reviewing reports/communications to Senior Management including the CFO/Financial Controller/Audit and Risk Committee (ARC)/SVPs of functional areas on the results of compliance initiatives and testing
- Support direct reports to ensure the COSO certification, Sign-off of the Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) programme for the Head of Tax and CFO
- Ensure training material is prepared and given to SOX testers, FRMC team members and key personnel on risks and controls or key risk topics.
- Ensure that the resource centre (intranet page), - helpdesk- facilities and other tools are up-to-date with relevant information for in-house customers to access independently (SOX/IBM testers, finance controllers)
- Support key projects driven by Finance Risk & Control; projects / change team and other Corporate initiatives
- Provide support for CFO LT risk management team; maintenance of risk register, map etc
- Coordinate across risk groups and Global Finance to ensure other enterprise risks are adequately supported by
- Stay abreast with external developments in the risk and controls area to drive projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Travel to UK for 1 month at year end close time
- We would like to speak to you if you have these experience and skills
The job holder should have experience of Finance, Accounting and Auditing processes, preferably in a multinational environment.
- Big 4 Audit firm experience required
- Experience in developing, implementing, and managing risk and controls frameworks.
- Accounting and project management experience in a multinational environment
- Capacity to convince and bring key teams on the change journey to ensure embedding of processes and relevant controls.
Qualified Accountant (CA) with at least 15 years post qualifying experience
- Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well