GSK - Global Medical Data Scientist (5-10 yrs)
- This is an ideal role for an experienced candidate passionate about applying their Healthcare data science skills and wishing to grow their career towards finding critical solutions for unmet patient needs. It is a brand new role supporting the newly formed GSK md2i (Medical Data 2 Insights) organization.
- The Global (Medical Data to Insight) Data Scientist designs and develops advanced AI/ML models to Medical Insight Leads, Product teams and Data Analysts to help them translate medical data into actionable insights that drive decision making.
- The successful candidate uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) to enable the generation of insights from customer feedback and perspectives from a variety of unstructured sources e.g. medical voice of customer feedback, customer listening, feedback from surveys and research, forums, online communities, social media/publicly available information, call center voice, publications etc. He/she works closely with the data analysts as well as the ML production team to align their solutions with the functional and non-functional requirements elicited.
- The successful candidate is a self-starter team player who will become a member of a cross-functional team that brings together best in class Informatics, AI, engineering, medical, product and customer expertise to help md2i tackle challenges it is focused on.
- This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Building, enhancing, and applying advanced analytics methods and capabilities to reveal findings and potential insights from medical data.
- Apply natural language processing and text analytics capabilities to translate unstructured data into key topics, context summaries and sentiments for insight discovery.
- Focus on key findings and insights priorities in alignment with stakeholders' goals and business needs with proper validation techniques to build confidence in the results
- Appropriately train and maintain machine learning models for accuracy and relevance
- Stay on top of the latest external methods and approaches, current and emerging industry trends and advanced
- Apply analytics and business acumen to select methods fit for purpose that reveal customer patterns in the data that may spark additional data analysis or research for deeper customer insight
- Proactively identify opportunities and apply advanced analytics methods aligned with and guided by medical priorities
- We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MA/MS/PhD in quantitative sciences in a Healthcare related field
- 5+ years of experience in natural language processing and/or machine learning applied to healthcare-related problems.
- Proven track record of processing and deriving novel insights from big datasets for Medical or Life Science projects a plus.
- Expert programmer in Python and some experience coding in pySpark.
- Knowledge and routine exercise of SDLC best practices applicable to data science productization, i.e. code structure and documentation, frequent commits in Git, unit testing, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure, SQL, Spark, Databricks, Jupyter, Neo4j and ElasticSearch/SOLR a plus.
- Experience in Life Sciences preferred.
- Experience in designing experiments to generate findings and gain insights from medical information sources e.g. medical voice of customer feedback, customer listening, feedback from surveys and research, forums, online communities, social media/publicly available information, call center voice, scientific publications etc preferred
Excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence across departments.
Demonstrate analytic curiosity and a desire to understand challenges to contribute to matrix team reviews and strategic discussions for insight discovery
- This role will be responsible for building, enhancing, and applying advanced analytics methods and capabilities to reveal powerful findings and potential insights from synthesized data. This role will apply natural language processing and text analytics capabilities to translate unstructured data (human language and voice such as Medical voice of customer) into key topics, context summaries, and sentiment for additional insight discovery. This role will appropriately translate unstructured data into structured data to integrate with other data and analyses for use with insight discovery.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities, Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.