GSK - Global Medical Data Scientist (2-7 yrs)
- This is an ideal role for a candidate with previous experience in applied Healthcare data science and wishing to grow their career towards finding critical solutions for unmet patient needs. It is a brand new role supporting the newly formed GSK md2i (Medical Data 2 Insights) organization.
- Opportunity for personal growth will be in line with contribution to the value and success of the md2i organization.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Discover customer and patient findings/potential insights using advanced analytics techniques such as natural language processing, text analytics, statistical analysis, machine learning, and analytic modelling aligned with and guided by the Global Medical Affairs business priorities and strategies; Partner with the data analysts for appropriate use and maximization of available data sources.
- Analyse unstructured data from multiple feedback sources including but not limited to Medical voice of customer feedback from customer listening, feedback via surveys and research, forums, online communities, social media/publicly available information, call center voice and email feedback, medical information requests, and other available sources of customer feedback data and information
- Translate unstructured data, in combination with other structured data sources, into actionable insights; Conduct text, sentiment, and root cause analyses to answer critical Medical business questions and produce data-driven stories that reveal key insights into customer and patient experience, needs, and understanding to determine appropriate Medical opportunities valuable from development through to launch and delivery of our medicines.
- Develop broad methodological and advanced analytics approach expertise with unstructured data analytics; Stay on top of the latest external methods and approaches, current and emerging industry trends, and advanced methods/best practices;
- Appropriately train and maintain machine learning models for accuracy and relevance with analytical findings. Pull through analytics and business acumen through appropriate selection of methods fit for purpose that reveal customer patterns in the data that may spark additional data analysis or research for deep customer insight
- Deliver timely/close to real time strategic, relevant and actionable findings. Lead Voice of the Customer (VoC) analyses leveraging a wide range of analytical and data visualization tools and resources available to uncover and communicate opportunities; Identify early warning signals and opportunities;
Proactively identify opportunities and apply advanced analytics methods aligned with and guided by priorities; Collect, document, synthesize and organize complex information, making it relevant, understandable and actionable;
- Demonstrate analytic curiosity and a desire to understand challenges to contribute to matrix team reviews and strategic discussions for insight discovery
- Develop compelling summaries that visualize the data through narrative dashboards to clearly tell a succinct story in easy to understand ways; Focus on the key findings and insights in alignment with stakeholders' goals/business needs with proper validation techniques to build confidence in the results; Craft and tell compelling stories around commonalities and themes found in the VOC data
- Partner with the Medical Insights leads to reveal findings that are potential insights for Medical expert validation and pressure testing. Determine appropriate advanced analytic solutions for more efficient customer focus to support the insight leads
- 2+ years of unstructured data analysis/text analytics/natural language processing and/or machine learning application for critical healthcare business decisions
2+ years of experience in a professional setting with SQL and/or SAS.
This role will be responsible for building, enhancing, and applying advanced analytics methods and capabilities to reveal powerful findings and potential insights from synthesized data. This role will apply natural language processing and text analytics capabilities to translate unstructured data (human language and voice such as Medical voice of customer) into key topics, context summaries, and sentiment for additional insight discovery.
- This role will appropriately translate unstructured data into structured data to integrate with other data and analyses for use with insight discovery.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities, Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.