GSK - GDC Sourcing Manager (6-12 yrs)
GSK is one of the world’s foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
Are you a Procurement expert with the confidence and creativity to negotiate and innovate? Join us and make an impact on our business on a whole range of levels.
GSK Procurement is a pioneering, influencing function with approximately 800 members across 50 countries who buy goods and services on a global scale and support our core functions. But we do more in global procurement than just purchase things. We partner with business units to drive value from supplier relationships to support GSK’s strategies and targets to ensure a secure supply in all areas of our business – from pharmaceutical development to consumer health products. With a stream of diverse and interesting projects, Procurement is a fascinating area with tremendous scope for progress.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- The Global Delivery Centre provides the critical Source to Contract capability for GSK. Leading the delivery of a high volume of sourcing projects globally, the centre acts as the operational engine of the procurement organisation. As such, the GDC will play a critical role in delivering both the in-year savings and the functions long term operating model.
- The GDC Sourcing Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the critical Source to Contract service for one or multiple regions across indirect categories such as Marketing or Professional Services.
- This role will collaborate with the procurement category and local market teams (LOC) to deliver sourcing, negotiation, contract execution, and supplier lifecycle management services to the global procurement organisation.
- This service is a cornerstone of the future procurement operating model and will enable the function to industrialise its core operation; driving best practice, providing practical knowledge for development of best in class category strategies, consistency of execution, and continual improvement.
- The role is also accountable for the transition to, and ongoing delivery of, the future ready procurement operation model, for assigned geographies, as it relates to the GDC. As such the role is pivotal to the successful execution of the procurement future ready transformation.
Strategy execution :
- Execute sourcing strategies for spend categories in scope of responsibility aligned with the requirements of stakeholders and business partners with cooperation with Global Categories team
- Deliver benefits identified in strategies, local, regional and global, through effective and collaborative strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation
- To ensure GSK’s Procurement policies, procedures, processes, systems and methodologies are utilized in a compliant manner in the area of responsibility
Benefit delivery :
- Support category leads in the creation and delivery of effective savings targets agreed with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the agreed Savings Methodology
- Deliver benefit identified in strategies, local, regional and global, through effective and collaborative strategy execution, aligned to assurance of supply (risk management), quality, service, cost and innovation.
- Deliver savings and other set KPIs critical to global procurement plans as aligned with key stakeholders and Finance in accordance with the Savings Methodology and global budgets.
- Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to deploy strategies globally/regionally, facilitated by robust implementation and transition plans
- Demonstrated success in collaboration with a wide range of senior leaders across [business areas] and supplier.
- Resolve escalations, including from senior business stakeholders, timely and tactfully
- Understand and efficiently navigate organizational complexity to deliver set goals
- We are looking for a Sourcing Manager and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- 6-12 years of relevant experience.
- This role should have strong demonstrated procurement expertise in commercial and contract negotiations, strategic sourcing, Indirect category management, cost model synthesis and supplier relationship management for delivering multi-country, high spend complex engagements.
- Demonstrated experience in navigating through organizational complexity, collaborating simultaneously with multiple teams, influencing without authority, handling escalations and associated business impact.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and utilising complex business processes in all GSK supplier transactions, including all risk/regulatory/compliance.
- Strong experience in using tools like Ariba or other equivalent sourcing execution technology.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK.
In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in - gsk.com-, you should disregard the same
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well