GSK - Director - Clinical Analytics/Benchmarking (12-17 yrs)
- The Director of Analytics & Performance is a critical leadership role to lead the team accountable for delivery of Analytics and Benchmark reporting for all of Clinical Operations with a focus on business and performance analysis required to manage the organization, feasibility, recruitment planning and investigator grants.
- The delivery of this data and analysis is critical for supporting upper quartile performance, robust feasibility, recruitment planning and start-up through providing investigator payment benchmarks.
- As the leader of this department, you will set a vision to ensure key activities related to business and performance analytics, benchmarking, resourcing, feasibility, recruitment modelling, study start-up, end-to-end process improvement, reporting strategy, and CRO oversight/ways of working are performed to enable Clinical Operations to delivery on its strategy.
- You will also need to ensure that Clinical Operations optimally leverages resources inside and outside the organization, drives continuous improvement both internally and with our CROs, drives upper quartile performance, sets and executes a digital strategy and delivers data driven feasibility, recruitment planning and study start up to deliver the portfolio.
- Lead a global line organization of 10+ associates across two off-shore locations/hubs.
- Work with a global customer base from the Clinical Operations Leadership Team, Functional Lines (Central and Regions/LOCs) and Study teams to define, implement and deliver robust data, analytics and benchmarking to support the organization
- Partner with the Head of Performance to interface with and manage external benchmarking studies and various analysis to ensure high performance
- Work with Clin Ops LT to set the analytics and benchmarking strategy and vision and deliver a set of solutions that ensure relevant, real time data is available to drive quality and performance delivery of clinical trials, programs and the
Clinical Operations organization
- Partner with SPO, Finance and Tech to ensure availability of key data for analytics reporting and benchmarking for Clin Ops.
- Lead a multidisciplinary, global department accountable for business and performance analytics; benchmarking; resourcing; feasibility; recruitment modelling; study start-up; end-to-end process improvement; productivity analysis ; and CRO oversight/ways of working
- Support all functional lines across Clinical Operations including the central, regional, LOCs and off-shore/near-shore hubs with these transversal activities.
- Define and implement a vision and strategy for the department and define, build, and grow future, industry leading capabilities related to digital, analytics, performance and CRO oversight.
- Set and continuously refine the Clinical Operations Strategy to meet changing demands both internally and externally by working with peers across the Clinical Operations LT and with support from SPO.
- Define and execute a robust resourcing and outsourcing strategy for Clinical Operations
- Drive greater transparency of costs, resources, performance and quality of various delivery models (FSO, FSP, In-house, off-shore/near-shore hubs, etc) to optimize delivery of the portfolio.
- Set the analytics strategy for clinical operations to fully leverage real time operational data to drive robust feasibility, recruitment planning, start-up, resource management, study budgeting, process improvements and upper quartile performance.
- Represent Clinical Operations on relevant GSK, R&D, and Development strategic and operational projects that shape the future and deliver optimal performance
- Represent GSK on relevant external industry and cross industry forums related to Clinical Operations, Analytics, Benchmarking and Third-Party Oversight.
- Experience leading multidisciplinary, global line and matrix teams
- Proven experience setting and implementing a vision for a department involved in Pharmaceutical Data.
- Robust strategic thinking skills.
- Knowledge of Clinical Development.
- Strong business acumen and strong analytical skills with proven experience connecting and visualizing data to support a strategy.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong change management experience
- Strong knowledge of Clinical Operations and various processes related to business and performance analytics, benchmarking, resourcing, process improvement, digital, third party oversight, and feasibility, recruitment planning and study start-up processes to set vision for the overall department.
- Knowledge of Large Pharma matrixed organization, especially in R&D Development required to drive process improvements and change.
- Deep Understanding of key resource, cost and workload drivers that when coupled with robust modelling and analytics will result in optimal use of resources and upper quartile performance.
- Recent experience of leading a department and coaching and mentoring staff with advanced analytics capabilities
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK.
In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in - gsk.com-, you should disregard the same
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well