GSK - Data Product Management - Data Modeler (10-15 yrs)
GSK is one of the world’s foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
This is an exciting time to join GSK. Given the increased focus on data and analytics and the need to ensure we have a comprehensive strategy that is aligned to the Vaccines business, a role of Product Designer, Data Modelling. The development of best-in-industry Data capabilities is critical to our ambition to be most innovative Vaccines company. Combining various data streams and providing near real-time data and visualizations are key component to achieve our ambitions.
Vx Tech strive to deliver products and services to Vx business that meet the needs of the business whilst being intuitive, efficient, effective and satisfying to use. We require a skilled Product Designer focusing on Data Modelling with experience in business- and user-centered analysis, and an understanding of design and process improvement, to join our Product Family Team. They will help deliver better user experiences and business processes within our application portfolio, identifying opportunities to improve systems and processes whilst advocating a user-centered focus within Agile ways of working. They will play a central role in design, build & integration of all data models for Vaccine’s enterprise. This role will serve as the product designer data modelling in Vx business across R&D, GIO, GIO-Q, and Commercial & Medical.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- The Data Modeler must have extensive knowledge in the areas of data modelling, cross-application data standards, data distribution standards, and tuning strategies. Define and implement data models to manage the way we collect, use, and share data throughout the Vx organization. Lead the implementation of data models and be responsible for ensuring the models scale for broader enterprise.
- Drive the build out of enterprise data models where applicable working closely with enterprise stakeholders, define data elements and establishes policies and procedures related to the collection and accuracy of models. Develop the insight to understand complex systems and processes and the imagination to find solutions. Work with users of data with excellent communication skills to influence decisions.
- Work with the business, users, lead architect, and designers to define the data requirements and structure for the application(s).
- Model and design the application data structures (data mart and semantic layer) leveraging best practices and domain modeling principles.
- Lead the database analysis and design optimized for all consumption patterns.
- Work with the integration architects and designers to design the integration solution.
- Ensure that the database designs fulfill the requirements, including data volume, frequency needs, and long-term data growth.
- Assist in determining the cross-application data standards, data distribution standards, and tuning strategies.
- Ensure that the developers and database administrators responsible for developing the database thoroughly understand the requirements and designs.
- Participate in quality management reviews and performing user research through qualitative enquiry, quantitative data analysis and user testing within the Vx customer base.
- Obtaining and propagating a solid understanding of the business domain and processes within a product family area, capturing user goals, needs and expectations and translating these into personas, journeys and user stories that support strategic improvements.
- Driving experience design activities to improve user interfaces and task flows through wireframing, prototyping and ideation workshops.
- Establishes and maintains a data modeling repository and ensures that it is implemented according to standards and that all required personnel have appropriate access to it.
- Ensuring compliance of Vx data with regulations and identify training needs for all data users.
- Be a key contributor to the planning and direction of a project and effectively prioritize goals.
- Effectively explain technical concepts at all levels in the organization, including senior managers/stakeholders.
- We are looking for a Data Modeler and if you have these skills, we would like to speak to you.
- Minimum of bachelor’s or equivalent experience is required.
- 10+ years of Data modelling experience within data and analytics domain including experience in automation.
- 2+ years of experience in managing working groups involving various cross functional stakeholders, documenting the detailed meeting minutes and tracking action items
- Ability to develop relational, hierarchical and dimensional data models including graph technologies.
- Experience conducting analysis and articulating business entities and descriptions in both functional and technical nomenclature.
- Ability to develop or revise the database architecture per data requirements.
- Able to convert data and related techniques to acquire data needed to support testing, training, and other application development activities.
- Strong capabilities to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established architecture standards.
- Proficient in documenting and communicating progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Experience working with data verification, data management, and data maintenance and experience of remediation data gaps.
- The ability to perform work with a high degree of independence in terms of self-management of a large variety of tasks and initiatives regarding Quality
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Integrations with Data catalogs (business, functional, technical and operational)
- Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.