GSK - Data Analyst (3-6 yrs)
Site Name: India - Karnataka - Bengaluru
GSK is one of the worlds foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and we are proud to be leading a healthcare revolution.
GSK Consumer Healthcare is seeking to make a Step Change in Digital, Data & Analytics and is establishing a new-from-the-ground-up Analytics Platform and Products purpose built to help execute on that vision. As a result, we are looking for a Data Analyst to join our Data & Analytics team.
By disrupting our approaches to R&D and commercial business processes, D&A is allowing us to integrate, simplify and unlock all our data to drive innovation, decision making and enable our transformation in servicing our patients, healthcare professionals and consumers.
The ideal candidate would be highly experienced in conducting data analysis on multiple projects simultaneously in a distributed global matrix environment. The Data Analyst will join a strong technical team in a technically demanding area of Tech and so the ideal candidate should possess a strong background in technology and be familiar with Agile and DevOps processes.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- Develop high-level requirements / use cases for projects to support business justification
- Be face of Product Owner and translate the requirements in form of data mapping, logical data model for engineering team
- Work closely with the Data Architect to turn conceptual data models into logical and physical models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy
- Implement and document data architectures and data models consistent with business and technical requirements
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects
- Develop test scenarios and test cases in collaboration with data test engineer along with acceptance criteria
- Identify and drive opportunities to reuse data models in new environments
- Effectively communicates with both technical and non-technical staff, stakeholders, end-users, and vendors
- Understand the needs and challenges of the commercial business environment.
- Manages communications with engineering team members, internal and external partners, stakeholders, program staff and users
- Provide leadership & best practice guidance for requirements analysis and prioritization.
- Elicit business requirements from key stakeholders by using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Monitor and document post-implementation problems and revision requests to ensure it meets end user needs
- Understand when to highlight risks or issues and ability to clearly communicate them to management teams and stakeholders.
In this role you will interface significantly with senior colleagues across the company in the Commercial Business & in the digital business including product development and new product introduction. This is an excellent time to be joining a highly successful market leader in the healthcare industry and drive significant technology change across the organization.
We are looking for professionals with these skills to achieve our goals. If you have them, we would like to speak to you.
- Bachelors degree; MBA or relevant technical degree preferred. Ideal candidate would have built an impressive hands-on career to date in an advanced, recognized and innovative environment.
- Extensive experience as a Business And/or Data Analyst in Data focused products and proven history working on and delivering complex projects in an Analytics environment space.
- Deep expertise in producing conceptual, logical and physical data models, and using industry standards artefacts (e.g. ER diagrams) to visualize data models
- An understanding of relational databases, including their structure and design
- Advanced knowledge of database languages (SQL and variants) including pivoting data, hierarchical queries and query optimization/performance tuning
- Experience of tools like JIRA, Azure DevOps and experience working in agile environment
- Prior experience with working with Commercial and/or Supply chain data is a must.
- Knowledge of Analytics & self-service BI approaches and predictive analytics solutions is a strong advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to align stakeholders from business and IT with competing priorities
- A strong background in technology, analysis and critical evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources
- Experience writing epics, features, stories including creating workflow/process flow diagrams
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate team members, and elicit work output in a team environment
- Proven experience in successfully working in a team setting and ability to reconcile conflicts
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up ones sleeves to get the job done
- Have a highly innovative mind-set and experience with analytics in a healthcare or CPG company is a plus.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities.
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.