GSK - Business Capability & Innovation Coordinator - Publications (2-3 yrs)
Site Name: Bengaluru Luxor North Tower
Are you looking for an opportunity to support process improvement initiatives and shares best practices related to Clinical studies and projects? If so, this is the role for you.
- This role is being created to support the Head, Business Capability & Innovation, Publications to foster innovation and intelligence, encompassing processes, systems and training strategy implementation in the Publications area. The role will work with the Business capability and Innovation Lead to deliver on specific projects within the scope of the Business and Capability team.
- Promoting innovation including the use of technologies and related systems in publication activities with the goal of delivering high-quality, peer-reviewed publications. Specifically, this role is responsible for guiding innovative development, oversight and management of flexible and scalable processes to support current and future requirements in the field of publications.
- Support team members in ensuring ethical and transparent disclosure of data in compliance with GSK Policy on Public Disclosure as well as external regulations in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of experts across projects.
Participate in implementation of Internal Control framework within the business by achieving excellence in quality and compliance to meet the business data disclosure objectives (publication processes) according to GSK strategy and in line with external requirements.
- BCI coordinator will support the BCI Leads in delivering projects related to several of the below aspects (not exhaustive list) (all managed at team level):
- Anticipates and addresses R&D future needs in Publication, with respect to emerging digital platforms, new technologies and supports implementation of the latest trends.
- Performs industry and market benchmarking, as well as conduct research and analysis on relevant industry and policy developments.
- Works closely with key stakeholders including authors, researchers, investigators, GMA Therapy Area leads, R&D clinical leads, biostatistics and Joint Publications Team members to understand key intelligence questions/topics and provide insights
- Support roll-out of new technologies
- Process excellence/system management
- Manage Publication Management system (maintenance, user access and management, improvements, data extraction, etc.)
- Ensure integration of new public disclosure and publications requirements in operation procedures and actively engage stakeholders to ensure feasibility assessment of integration of external requirements into the business operation
- Oversee process improvement/simplification initiatives and coordinate continuous improvement plan
- Oversee update user guide and guidance documents
- Ensure measurement and reporting of team performance: maintaining the dashboard, follow up of the outcome of the monthly KPI analysis root cause analysis, coordinate collection (eg satisfaction survey, info in DV) of information, ensure maintenance and improvement of the dashboard
- Oversees the collection of meaningful metrics, monitors metrics over time and develops action plans for continuous improvement. Communicates findings appropriately.
- Support teams in budget estimations, tools and oversight
- Internal control framework
- Audit/inspection readiness
- Enforce compliance by managing the risks at strategic level:
- To assist the risk owner with the risk analysis and subsequent risk treatment at strategic level
- To assist the risk owner to perform the day to day activities associated with managing risks and associated mitigation plans
- Ensure the operational risk register is maintained
- Ensure management of self-inspection, implementation and follow-up on corrective and preventive actions (CAPAs)
- Ensure communication on initiatives within Publication team, create communication materials for internal stakeholders; educational materials etc.
- Champions best practice sharing, continuous co-creation and learning across the teams and communities.
- Maintain intranet site
- Service providers
Onboarding of new providers (setting-up systems, training on process)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Master's Degree in Life sciences or Medical background or equivalent with expertise in a particular area of medicine or clinical science
- If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Pharmaceutical company environment and specifically in matrix organization
- Experience in Publication management or equivalent
- Records of experience in process improvement/quality management is an asset
- Experience in scientific intelligence or related R&D/scientific (discovery, clinical, medical information, medical affairs, etc) experience.
- Proven experience in Project Management
- Records of experience in benchmarking is an asset
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
Note: For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the redirected career page of the company as well.